Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friends...how many of us have them?

Back when I was in high school there was a song called FRIENDS by Whoudini that went a little somethin' like this:

Friends, how many of us have them?
Friends, ones we can depend on.
Friends, how many of us have them?
Friends, before we go any further let's be friends...


Today someone "unfriended" me on the social networking site that I'm on.

The nerve!

How do I know this? Well, because I only had 71 "friends". Yep. 71. That's all.

Some people have thousands of "friends". Me...only 71. Oh, wait...I mean 70...now.

When it comes to my "friends" I pretty much have 2 rules that I go by:
1. I only "add friends" when I receive a request
and
2. I KNOW my friends. I mean REALLY know them. I've either gone to church, school, or work with them or...they are members of my family. If they don't fall into any of those categories then I've actually met them at one time or another. Either way...I know these people and they know me. None of this befriending strangers business.

So...like I said...someone "unfriended" me today.

My first reaction was to scroll through my 70 remaining "friends" and find out who it was. Then I thought...what does it matter? Does it really matter? Not really.

After that, I wondered WHY someone would "unfriend" me.

Could it be my openness about being a follower of Christ? Maybe that's rubbed someone the wrong way. If so, oh well.

Maybe it was the fact that I've been posting a new Christmas song each day since the 1st of December. Most have been Gospel Christmas songs, and every now & then I throw in a secular Christmas song. Maybe they just got tired of my DJ-ing.

Maybe it was the person who did me wrong a couple months back and hasn't had the decency to apologize for what they did. Little do they know, I've already forgiven them for what they did. I've prayed for them and wish them well. And if the "friendship" were ever to present itself again, I'd be open. I don't hold grudges. That's too much hurt to harbor.

Maybe it was someone who just deleted their account because they decided that the site wasn't for them anymore. I've done that on some of the previous networking sites that I've had profiles on. After a while, I just decided that one profile on one site was enough for me, so...profile deleted.

After going through each of those scenarios I found myself right back where I started...does it really matter? No,not really.

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Do you know exactly how many "friends" you have, and would it bother you if someone "unfriended" you? Would you want to know why?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment