Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

I Pray for You, You Pray for Me...and Watch God Change Things!

Some time last year I saw a fantastic movie called War Room about a woman's firm belief in the power of prayer. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet, but I will say that I left that movie feeling inspired. My faith in prayer had been strengthened.

Unlike the woman in the movie who had an actual ROOM where she would write, and keep her prayer requests to God...I live in a teeny tiny apartment and there simply are no "extra" rooms. There's not even an "extra" closet.

Still...I wanted to do what the woman in the movie did. I wanted to WRITE my requests to God and be able to VISIBLY see them. This would serve two purposes. ONE...the requests would more easily stay at the forefront of my mind (especially for folks who I am praying on behalf of...it's so important for me to keep them at the forefront of my mind), and TWO...it allows me to easily see the prayers that God has answered. Y'all do know that He answers prayers, right?

After some thought I decided that the back of my bedroom door would be become my "War Space" where I would tape my prayers.

I did this for about a week and got oddly nervous. For some reason, I became uncomfortable about having my prayers "out there" in the open. Weird...I know. So I decided instead to write them down in a journal. So my "War Room", which had been downsized to a "War Space" was now a "War Journal." Ok. No, not ok.

Here's what happened.

I wrote prayers in my "War Journal" for a while, then stopped. Then I'd start. Then stop. There was no consistency, and I rarely looked back at the prayers I'd written down. Totally defeating the purpose!

Well...

Lately I've been having far more "talks with God" than usual. I am in an extremely difficult "season" right now and just don't feel like I hear Him, nor is He hearing me. I don't see Him "moving." THAT's gotta change!

So...last night, or should I say this morning since it was around 1:00 am...I was strongly compelled to write my petitions to God...each one on it's own piece of paper...and tape them to my bedroom WALL.

My pen was smokin'!

Prayer after prayer just started to flow. They weren't ALL requests. Some were prayers of THANKS. I even added some Scriptures as I was led to them. As a result...I now have a "War WALL." WOW!!! And since there are FOUR walls in my room, I just might fill 'em all up.

After I taped the last of last night's prayers I just sat, looked, and read them all. Again, I had another "talk with God" letting Him know that I have done my part by making my requests known. Now I wait in expectancy, KNOWING that I serve a God who can not fail, and is able to do abundantly above all that I can ask or think. In other words, God's Got This!

I woke up this morning, looked over at my wall, read my daily Word, then read each and every prayer. It felt great. I could feel a shift.

I now look forward to checking off those prayers as they are answered...one by one...not in my chronos time, but in His kairos time. His timing is always perfect.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Is there something I can pray for on your behalf? I would be honored to add your request to my "War Wall."

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." - James 5:16

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment