Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, December 16, 2011

BLOCKED

I've heard it said that "all good things must come to an end". Well, I don't know how much of a "good thing" Facebook has been for me but I think that my shelf life has just about expired.

I'm done. Done with all the negativity and angry rants that people post! I mean...I'm no "Polly Purebred" but I like to keep things positive in my posts. That's just me.

Another reason why I think I'm about to bail is because someone who I thought was a good friend (a REALLY good friend) has BLOCKED me.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when I confronted the person whom we'll call "Casey".

Casey: Hey, did you see that post about what I wanted for Christmas?

Me (thinking to myself...oh no you didn't just ask me about a post after you've BLOCKED me from your profile): Nope. Can't say that I did. It's kinda hard to see your posts since you've BLOCKED me.

Casey: BLOCKED you? What? Hmmm...now let's see...what could you have done or said that made me BLOCK you?

Me: Are you serious?

Casey: Yeah. I don't even remember BLOCKING you. When did this happen?

Me: A couple of weeks ago.

Casey: And you're just telling me now?

Me: Yep. I wanted to wait until we were face to face.

Casey: Wow. So...how did that make you feel?

Me: Hurt

Casey: Oh my God! What is it with people and Facebook. Why do people get so emotional about what goes on there?

Me: So...why did you do it?

Casey: I really don't remember doing it. Let's check it out.

So we log on, and sure enough...there I am on the BLOCKED list...along with about 10 other people...who "Casey" also didn't remember BLOCKING.

As we sat at the computer, I watched "Casey" unBLOCK me and "supposedly" send me a friend request. Funny...I never got the friend request, and I'm STILL BLOCKED from "Casey's" page. Yes folks...somethin' is fishy in Denmark.

So between the negativity and the fact that "Casey" is playing games...I think I'm done.

At the end of the day when it comes to "Casey"...I'd rather be "friends" in real life than to be "friends" on Facebook anyway.

And my 2 best friends know how to reach my outside of Facebook...so that's all that matters.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever been BLOCKED by anyone on Facebook?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment