Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Honesty. Is it REALLY the best policy?

I know, I know...that's a rhetorical question. It just happens to be the way that I'm feeling right about now. So I've been receiving unemployment benefits while I diligently search for my next career opportunity. Every two weeks I fill out the form that I receive and I state that I am looking for employment (which I am). Well...because I've been running into so many brick walls, finding that most positions require a Bachelor's degree (even if the position is just for data entry), I decided to take the next step and go back to school. One of the questions on the form asks if I've enrolled in school or any type of training. Guess who answered HONESTLY...yep, I did. Now...EDD is holding my money. I can't believe this is happening! Why am I penalized for going back to school in an effort to IMPROVE my chances of getting hired. This makes no sense! If they would CALL me and ask ME about it, I would gladly tell them that I only have class ONE night a week and it's AFTER working hours...so it does NOT interfere with my job search or being able to hold a job. Since I haven't heard from them, nor has my money been deposited, I decided to take a proactive approach and CALL THEM. Well, a lot of good that has done. I call and have to press this button and that button and I am NEVER given an option to speak to an actual PERSON. This is an important issue...I need to speak to a living, breathing PERSON! I keep pushing buttons until I FINALLY unlock the magic "How-to-get-to-an-actual-person" door. And guess what happens... I get the following message: "We're sorry, but due to the high volume of calls we are unable to assist you at this time." Click. Yep, that's it. No option to hold. No option to leave a message. The call just disconnects. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET HELP?!? So, I will keep trying because rent is due 7 days and I have NO money. Nevertheless, I will not stress or worry about it. God knows what I need and He has never failed me...EVER. So I've given this issue to Him and I'll keep trying to get through EDD. One thing's for sure...I need to get back to work and I need to get back to work PRONTO!!! Let the DIALOGUE begin: What has been YOUR experience with EDD? Do you know any secrets to reaching a LIVE body on the phone? If so, please share. Talk to me! Til next time...
(p.s.- Please forgive the formatting and the fact that the post is now one GIANT paragraph. I don't write it this way but blogger.com recently made some changes and now the formatting is all messed up. Frustrating to say the least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment