Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Boogie Shoes

So yesterday as my work week was just 34 minutes from coming to a close and I was already visualizing myself at home on the couch watching a movie...in came the text, "...wanna go dancing tonight?"

Now if that text had come from ANYBODY else I probably would've replied with, "No thanks. Kinda tired. Gonna rest tonight. Have fun."

But NOOO...

This one came from the BFF, sooo...I scrambled to find a place for us to go.

After a few texts and FB inquiries to friends, I found us a spot and a few hours later, we were on our way.

We get to the place and it seems ok so we decide to stay and give it a go.

It had a different "element" than the last place we went to back in November for her birthday. THAT crowd was young and "ratchet" as my daughters would say. THIS crowd...well, lets just say that me & Judy were the "babies" in the bunch. LOTS of silver-haired folks walking about. But the music was good, so hey.

Even in the "secret" 30 and over room (which apparently was for the younger folks) there wasn't really anybody much younger than the two of us.

In either room, we still had a BLAST and that's because, as Judy told a friend earlier today, "we make our own party wherever we go!"

And that's exactly what we did. And tired as I was, I'm glad we went.

As I look back on the night, I realize just how far I've come. Years ago I hardly EVER went dancing. And if I DID go, I surely wouldn't dance BY MYSELF. I stood around looking stupid WAITING for a man to ASK ME to dance. Well let me tell you how that normally turned out: I never got asked, so I never danced, which ended up in a miserable evening.

I am SO THANKFUL that those days are gone. I don't wait for ANYBODY anymore. If "my JAM" comes on and I wanna dance...dag-gonnit, I'm gonna dance! And that's exactly what we did last night. We danced and didn't care who was watching.

Time waits for no one. Life waits for no one. And I refuse to get to the end of my life with a bunch of "should've, could've, would'ves." I live everyday as if it were my last because the fact of the matter is that it could be. None of us know. Tomorrow is not promised and neither are the next 5 minutes. Heck...I could've died at the end of that last sentence. Lucky for YOU, I didn't. ;-)

So anyway, as in all things, life is always teaching me a lesson...even if it's out on the dance floor.

Now, Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time YOU went dancing?

Talk to me!


til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment