Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, December 1, 2014

Lazarus come forth! (It's not what you think)

Although my Mom left her earthly life and those who love her just 22 days ago there's someone/something else who has missed her for even longer.

On September 17th one four-legged furry little pooch lost his best friend...and he's been waiting for her ever since.

I don't know how a dog's memory works. I've heard that they have no concept of time, so if my Mom had returned home on the 18th of September, or a year later, he would've been just as excited to see her.

Unfortunately, he has no idea that he'll never see her again. And that makes me sad.

I can tell that he's depressed. He pretty much stays in the bedroom where my Mom spent 23 hours of her day (if not more), and he only comes out to eat, drink & poop.

When I go by the house I'm at least able to coax him out of the room for some socialization. I can't tell if he's coming out because he thinks I'm my Mom (since we looked so much alike), or if he really knows that it's me and he knows that I'll spoil him up and rub his belly. I just don't know.

I just know that he's sad. I would be too if my best friend went away and never returned. Heck, my best friends DID go away, and have yet to return...so in more ways that one, I understand Lazarus' sadness.

So for as long as I can, I will stop by and do my best to show Lazarus the love the my Mom showed him. I know that it won't be the same...he'll never sit on my lap for hours to be rubbed and fall asleep. With my Mom, he did that ALL the time. The most I get is having him sit on the couch with me with his body wedged between me & the side of the couch. He may sit on my lap for 5 minutes but after that he repositions himself. And when I say goodbye, he heads right back into the room.

Lazarus and my Mom were buddies for 13 years. She was all that he knew. Although he's 91 in dog years, I pray that he has many years left here with us. But if not, I pray that "All dogs DO go to Heaven" and that he & my Mom will be reunited. Mind you, I don't think there's any Scriptural evidence that dogs (or any other animal) go to Heaven, but I can hope, right?

By the way, in case you're wondering what kind of name is LAZARUS for a dog...well...my Mom has had well over 20 dogs in the past 10+ years (she used to breed chihuahuas) and they ALL had Biblical names. That was her rule. When the doggies had puppies she would sometimes allow us to name them, as long as the name came from the Bible. And no...we never named a dog God or Jesus, or after anyone evil.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do YOU think animals go to Heaven?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I know this will sound horrible, I'm not a lover Of all animals, so I certainly hope they don't go to heaven! I know I lost brownie points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No brownie points lost at all. I would hope that possums don't go because I think they're HIDEOUS. But anything cute and cuddly (like my Stanley for example) would surely be nice to see there.

      Delete