Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Pins and NEEDLES

So I've had this lower back pain for weeks...maybe even MONTHS.

It's gotten so bad, I finally decided that I needed some relief.

Now, I know that a majority of the pain is caused by all this excess weight that I'm carrying around. I really could stand to lose a good 50 pounds. But for now, ANY relief I can get is GREATLY welcomed.

I was curious about acupuncture but had no idea where to begin or who to see. Thanks to good ol' Facebook, a friend suggested one that he had gone to recently and is right here in my neighborhood.

First thing I did was checked my insurance to see if acupuncture is covered. To my surprise...it is.

Second thing I did was call and made an appointment.

And today...I went to my very first acupuncture session.

It was quite an experience.

The office was very tranquil. The acupuncturist was very friendly and tranquil.

He had me fill out my medical history and from there we discussed my pain. That helped him determine the course of treatment to use.

From there, I went into a small room, loosened my pants a bit, and laid on the massage type bed. Soon there after came the needles. Well...at least I think they did. Truth is...they are so small, I didn't feel a one...not a SINGLE one.

After the needles were placed (there may have been about 20), he turned on this electric thingy, some tranquil music, and had me lay there and relax while the needles and electric thingy did their thing for about 30 minutes. Yes...at some point I'm sure that I drooled.

I've had relaxing massages, but this was a different kind of relaxation. I enjoy them both...this was just...different.

When the time was up, he removed the needles, rubbed some balm on my back, asked how I was feeling...we scheduled my next session, and he sent me on my way.

Now...maybe it's all in my head, but I have to admit...I feel better already. The tightness that has been in my back for almost a month now, has loosened. I can still feel a small bit of pain in my back, but NOTHING like it was before I went in.

So...I'm going back, and I'm looking forward to it.

Apparently, my qi (pronounced chee) was out of whack and I had blockages that were stopping my energy and circulation from flowing properly. Now, I'm sure that to a lot of folks that sounds like a bunch of hocus pocuse mumbo jumbo, but I've gotta go by how I feel...and I feel GOOD!

So for all of you out there who are "afraid of needles", I highly encourage you to just give acupuncture a try. You WON'T feel the needles...you just won't. And you really need to go if you are experiencing any kind of pain that Western medicine hasn't been able to help. Mind you...I'm not knocking Western medicine, and quite honestly, I haven't even been to my doctor for this back pain because I wanted to be open to trying something new and different. I'm so glad that I did. So very glad.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever had acupuncture? If so, what benefits did you gain from it? And if not...why not?

Talk to me (and my qi)!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment