Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Pray With Me

For some crazy reason, I still can't post pics to my blog. I'm gonna hafta look into that, but...I didn't want that to stop me from posting, so...here goes.

***

About a month ago I went to see the POWERFUL movie, "War Room". In a nutshell, this movie displayed the power of prayer in a way that really moved me.

Before seeing the movie, I was already one who prayed daily. In the morning, a prayer of thanks for watching over me through the night, and I may have thrown in a few other things before starting my day.

Then in the evening, I would pray again before bed, another prayer of thanks for getting me through the day, and I'd throw in a few other things before ending my day.

But one day...about a week ago...I was praying, and the Lord prompted me to WRITE MY PRAYERS DOWN. Hmmm. I had NEVER done THAT before. But I wanted to be obedient to how I was being led, and I wrote a couple of them down. That left me with wondering what to do with them.

Unlike the women in the movie, I live in an extremely tiny apartment, and have absolutely NO SPACE for anything that can be made into a prayer ROOM...or even a prayer CLOSET. I just don't have it. So I had to think. What do I have? And God showed me an area that had space enough for my prayers while allowing for privacy at the same time.

And so...my prayer WALL began.

I've gotta tell you...since beginning my prayer WALL, I have already felt my prayers growing stronger. They seem to be so much more purposeful. And some of them, even in this very short amount of time, have ALREADY been answered. You can shout HALLELUJAH with me over that!

Other prayers I am still waiting expectantly to see answered. I know that God can, and I know that He will...in His own time.

How 'bout you?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do believe in the power of prayer. If so, do you have a prayer CLOSET, ROOM or WALL? I'd love to hear about it.

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hand raised..definite believer. I have a prayer room, that goes unused. I like the idea of having a room, but since I live alone, I pray wherever my little heart desires in my apartment. But right now, most of my prayer happens in the car, since I have so much free time in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...the car is a GREAT place to pray...especially with YOUR commute. I'm diggin' my little wall. Once it fills up I've already decided that I'll switch to a journal. I just really like the way that I can SEE how God has worked by actually looking at the prayers I've written down and know that they've been answered.

      Delete