Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, November 11, 2016

AVAILABLE!

Wow! It's been a while since I last posted.

Gotta tell ya...life has been a bit overwhelming, causing me to crawl under the proverbial "rock."

Can't say that things have gotten any better, but I know how important writing is to me, and it's one of the very few things that I can actually control, so...I'M BACK.

Yeah...the results of Tuesday's presidential election have me a bit "concerned" as I had absolutely NO IDEA that "that man" would actually pull it off and win. 

Even before the election though there were many other "concerns" on my plate. The greatest being my unemployment situation.

My goal was to be re-employed before the election as I knew that there would probably be some financial uncertainty with the economy afterward. Well...sometimes we set goals and simply don't reach them. And so...here I am...still unemployed, and seeking.

My question to YOU today is this: Will you help me? PLEASE??

Here's the deal.

I have been diligently seeking employment, have registered with more employment agencies and job recruiting sites than I can count. I have even been on a number of interviews. None of those efforts have resulted in a job offer yet.

I once heard that 80 percent of available jobs aren't even posted. That just reaffirms for me how important it is to "network." These days, the real key to getting a job is "knowing somebody." Otherwise, my resume is sitting in an electronic pile with a host of others. Unfortunately, my "network" is fairly small, however...you all know folks I don't, so I am asking you to reach out to YOUR networks (PLEASE) and SHARE this post so that perhaps someone, somewhere, who's looking for someone like me will contact me regarding a job...SOON.

Please. Don't just read this and then scroll to the next thing. Share this, PLEASE. It won't cost you a thing, yet would help me greatly.

Ideally, I'd love to work for an organization that provides services and assistance to homeless youth and their families. Unfortunately, I've never worked in that field, it's simply what my heart has a passion to do, so I've been unable to get through that particular door.

As a result, I am more than ready to get back to what I've always done (so that I can get back to paying the bills).

For those who are wondering...here are the "Cliffs Notes" version of what that is:
  • Inside Sales (no cold-calling, telemarketing, "hunting") / Sales Support / Account Management (Supporting Field Reps who work outside, while I manage the accounts and assist customers on the Inside. This is what I've done well, and do best.)
  • FULL TIME Permanent or FULL TIME Temp to Hire
  • Within 20 miles of 90706 zip code

If you, or someone you know, are aware of any immediate opportunities that fit that criteria, PLEASE let me know. I would be happy to forward my resume to you, and/or them, for a more detailed view of my experience.

I am an excellent employee who works "smart" while bringing light and positivity to the environment. Just ask any of my former co-workers and they will gladly attest to that fact.

Ok...enough about me. It's now YOUR turn. What cha got?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Who's hiring?

Talk to me (SOON)!

Til next time...




2 comments:

  1. Pls don't let this trump thing cause you to lose hope. You will find work. If I hear or see of anything I will definitely let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra! Thankfully God is bigger than Trump so I'll keep my faith in God in spite of what the election results may yield.

      Delete