Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Over The River and Through The Woods

If  you've followed The Dialogue Den for the past few months, you know that I have been visiting various churches (and enjoying the experience.)

My last church visit was on October 9th when I visited the church that "Joe's" brother attended. That's how it ended up in my "bowl."

To date, that church had been the furthest that I had visited as it was all the way in Irvine. On my first visit, I attended the 8:00 service, and on my second visit, I attended the 10:30.

I gotta tell ya...a WHOLE LOT has happened since that last visit. That afternoon I took a nap and when I woke up, my life changed in a way that I wasn't expecting. Wish I could share what happened, and I will...in a book one day.

Anywoo...things changed.

One really big change from then to now is that Joe's brother is now the pastor of a church other than the one I visited in Irvine. I had no idea that that was coming. I'm happy for him though and know that he will do well in leading God's people. I haven't yet added his new church to my bowl yet, but one day maybe I will.

For the following three Sundays, I attended service at my own church. Again...for reasons that I can't get into right here and now, but will explain one day in a book.

After those three weeks, it was time for me to visit again. So I prayed, reached into my bowl and pulled out what has now become the furthest church. This one was in Moreno Valley. Until my visit I don't think I had ever even been to Moreno Valley.

That church made it into my bowl though because my cousin Kevin (whom I haven't seen since I was about seven years old) attends.

I arrived and as he was singing with the Praise Team, he noticed me. Once they were done singing, he came over and gave me a great big "cousin hug." It was great! I mean really...I haven't seen him in DECADES, but thanks to good ol' Facebook we were able to connect a few years ago.

I enjoyed the service and...as I always do...I went back today for my 2nd visit. I really enjoy the love that this church has for the community. They don't just "do church" inside the walls of the building, but they take church outside by serving. That's what Christ wants His followers to do.

If the church weren't so far I would definitely visit again. For now though, I can say that I'm glad I went and my soul was blessed.

If anyone is in the Moreno Valley area looking for a loving, Bible-based church to visit or join, I would recommend Renewed Life Fellowship.

Now, Let the DIALOGUE begin: How are you feeling after last Tuesday's presidential election?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment