Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, February 3, 2017

TOO HEAVY!!!

Today has been another tough one. Really tough.

If I were a person who believed in curses I would say that one has been cast upon me.

Thankfully though, I do not believe in curses, yet I understand that life is full of trials. In that regard I feel as though I have my share along with many extras.

This morning as I was preparing to go to an interview I made a call in an effort to lessen my financial burden as I have NO income and simply can not handle things as I should at this time. Unfortunately, instead of the call working in my favor, it worked completely against me and I am now in a worse spot than before I made the call. Talk about a sucker-punch!

Although things seem to be going from bad to worse for me, I still praise God...EVERYDAY, and throughout the day. I don't know why all of these negative things are happening to me as they are but I do know that none of them are happening without God's knowledge, so I have to hold on to my faith and know that He is working things out. I don't see how yet, but I TRUST that He is.

I wonder though about those curses. I mean...I believe wholeheartedly in BLESSINGS, so how is it that I can believe in one and not the other. Is that even possible? I dunno. My spirit feels better in knowing that there are (and will be) trials...and on the flip-side are blessings. That just works better for me.

Anyway...continue to pray for me (in the name of Jesus) if you will, that I receive a BREAKTHROUGH soon. I need one (or more) in a mighty might way. Y'all just don't know!

Well...back I go to my job search, although I pray that this afternoon's interview turns into a job offer. Gosh, I sound like a broken record because I have said that about EVERY interview I've gone on. I'm trying hard not to believe that there is something "wrong with me." Yet the thought keeps coming up as I interview for position after position with no offers being made yet.

Is it my hair?
I wear it natural, but very neatly styled.

Is it my size?
I'm a "big girl."

Is it my age?
I'm older than the folks who've interviewed me, by at least 10 years. I can tell.

Is it my race?
I'm Black.

I wonder.

I mean, it can't be my lack of experience because I have decades worth of corporate sales/customer service experience under my belt.

I am articulate, professional, and personable.

So what can the problem be? It's not like I'm applying and not getting calls. No...I get called in for interviews and then the process just falls into the toilet from there. I  just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe y'all can help me out.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you know of any companies who are hiring...like right now, as in IMMEDIATE need?

 My experience is in:
  • Inside Sales
  • Account Management
  • Sales Support (as in...co-managing accounts with field reps. They handle things on the outside and I handle everything on the inside.)
  • Customer Service
Talk to me (and everyone you know) PLEASE!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment