Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Til We Meet Again...

Well...here we are. The 700th Dialogue Den blog post and...THE LAST.

I've had a good run here at my sweet lil blog. I've sometimes thought of it as my 4th child. Never really giving it the attention it deserved. Often hearing it call out to me if I'd gone too long without writing.

My first post back on June 20, 2010 took a lot of courage for me to not only WRITE, but POST for all the world to see.

Unfortunately, things never quite took off the way I had anticipated. I envisioned oodles of comments with each post with DIALOGUE flowing like water. Most times my posts were simply MONOLOGUES and ever so often one...maybe two people would "talk to me." For those reasons I feel that it is now simply time for me to pursue other avenues of writing. But don't you fret. If I'm not going to be writing HERE, I will definitely be writing SOMEWHERE. Writing for me is as important as air. It's a part of me. It's who I am. So there's no way that I would ever simply STOP.

Does the fact that my blog never reached the heights that I had expected mean that I failed? Certainly not! The only failure would have been in never creating the blog. Not only did I create it, but I stuck with it for over 6 years and 700 posts. Not too shabby if I must say so myself.

To the 212 folks on Facebook who 'like' The Dialogue Den's page, I extend to you the very warmest of heartfelt THANKS and GRATITUDE. Each one of you made me feel that my writing actually mattered. That's all that any artist wants. That's all that any individual wants. To know that what they are doing MATTERS.

So what will I do now?

I'm glad you asked.

I feel a strong pull to truly focus on the BOOKS I've been wanting to write for YEARS.

Quite interestingly...God has allowed me to go through some MAJOR experiences over the past few years (things I never would have imagined), and I truly believe that He allowed them so that I could WRITE about them. I'm afraid that if I don't, He may take my gift away. I certainly don't want that. So I'd better get to writing!

To each and every one of you reading this, whether it be today, tomorrow or months and years down the line...know that I LOVE YOU, and Jesus loves you more. Always remember that. May God bless us ALL!

THE DIALOGUE DEN is now CLOSED.





4 comments:

  1. I'll miss reading your blog but look forward to reading your first book!
    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss reading your blog but look forward to reading your first book!
    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I admire you greatly... blogs are a tough one, because everyone has a forum available to them these days and there's just SO much content out there... oversaturation(IMHO). However, you are an excellent writer and God has much for you to share. I look forward to whatever your future contributions are and you'll always have my love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ya much, but regarding this: "could WRITE about them. I'm afraid that if I don't, He may take my gift away." God doesn't take away gifts. We either use/operate in them or they lay dormant but He never takes away. So fret not about that. But if He has lead you to write something else by all means obey. it's in our obedience we are blessed and then your gift will make room for you. Always here for you and will support your future ventures! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete