Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Life, My Life, My Life, My Life...

Yeah...sooo...

Earlier today I posted about my experiences at the library and all that jazz.

Well, once I had completed my task at the library, which was to search and apply for jobs, I packed up my computer, picked up two books that had been on hold for me, and headed to my car.

Well...as I headed toward where my car HAD BEEN parked, I noticed that another car was now occupying the space. WHAT?!?

WHERE WAS MY CAR?!?

I headed back into the library and let the librarian know that my car was missing. She responded with, "Hmmm...it may have been towed." I then let her know that I had specifically parked in the area that did NOT have a time limit so I couldn't understand why it would have been towed. Hmmm again. So she called the police department, gave me the phone, and they proceeded to tell me that they car had been towed due to expired registration. GREAT.

Interestingly, the registration HAS been paid, I just don't have my tags because I still need a smog check and because the "check engine" light has been on I figured that that would mean something needs to be repaired in order for my car to pass the smog. Basically, one thing has snowballed into another.

So...I head home from the library so that I can drop everything off, then I head back OUT to the Sheriff's station where they tell me that they tow company now has my car and they proceed to tell me what I need to do to get it. Oh...but the tow company had already closed today so there's nothing I can do until tomorrow morning. And you know what all that means...MONEY. Money that I don't have. What little I do have was going to next month's rent. So much for that.

It's all quite a mess I've gotten myself into. No job. Now, now car. And possibly...not home. This is more than I can bare...TRULY it is.

But, God's grace is sufficient and if He brings me TO it, He'll bring me THROUGH it. That's really cliche, I know...but it's what I have to hold onto for now before I crumble. And I can't crumble because I have to make my son's birthday cake tonight. Can't go gettin' tears all in the batter, right?

I'll bet you can guess what tonight's question will be, can't ya?

Here goes...Let the DIALOGUE begin: Has your car ever been towed and if so, how much did it cost to get it back?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. yup been there! It was towed and impounded for 30 days! And of all times right before the holidays. The Christmas of 2014 was the worst! it was horrible situation that angered me to no end but then I realized how heartless people can be and people are all about money. Would you believe I had to pay the tow company for towing my car and I had to pay a fee for the storage of my car and a separate storage fee for the items they took out of my car! Why couldn't my personal belongings stay in the car?

    it was costly..I had to take out a loan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's HORRIBLE! I can't believe that they took your stuff OUT of the car and made you pay to store them. What a SCAM! I'm glad you got your car back, but not happy to hear that it cost so much. Yes, sadly, people can be quite heartless. As for me...lesson learned (again).

      Delete