Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Friends...How Many of Us Have Them?

Facebook is such an interesting place...really, it is.

What I find most interesting are the folks who ignore my friend requests.

Who knows...maybe I'm too liberal in my "friend acceptance". My criteria isn't all that high, and oddly enough, I have an AMAZING bunch of FB friends.

My guidelines are pretty much this:

If we went to school together at any time...I accept.
If we worked together at any time...I accept.
If we dated at any time...I accept.
If we've met before and hit it off (even if it was only ONE time)...I accept.
If we have at least 7 mutual friends (y'all know how I am about the number SEVEN)...I accept.
If we are family...I accept.
If we've attended the same church at any time...I accept.

So you see...I'm really not all that choosey.

But SOME folks...my goodness!

Now what brought this post on was the fact that I went to "like" another friend's post and took a look at the other folks who had also "liked" it (if you didn't know this about me...I am a MAJOR Facebook looky-loo. I love looking at other folk's pages...seeing "who's who" and "what's what". It's quite fascinating). Well lo and behold, there was a person whom I had sent a request to MONTHS ago. We went to elementary school together and have MANY mutual friends. Well...she's been sitting on my lil ol' request. And I have no idea why.

I wasn't mean to her in elementary school (I wasn't mean to anybody...although MANY were mean to me, but that's a different post for another day).
You would think that with so many mutual friends, if she didn't remember me, she would've asked somebody.
And then again, who knows...maybe she just didn't want to accept my request and it's as simple as that.

Mind you...I sent the request to her so long ago, I had forgotten all about it. Seeing her profile again tonight with "friend request sent" under her name was all I needed to "cancel request". After all...I'm not desperate for friends, in "real life" or on FB, so cancelling the request was no sweat off my nose.

Funny...I sent another individual a request years ago, and he sat on my request too. We went to middle school AND high school together. I though I was cool with him. Guess not. With him though, I know that it was because I don't meet his "attractiveness" standard that he sets for folks in his circle. If you don't "look" a certain way, or have the "right" body type, he wants nothing to do with you. I am friends with one of his brothers (who's VERY "down to earth" and not nearly as saditty (sp?), so, it's all good.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's YOUR criteria for accepting friends on Facebook? Or do you not have one?

Talk to me...(and send me a request if we're not friends already ;-)

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment