Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Ooh, Ahh, OUCH!!!

So after the stressful, sleepless, knots-in-the-stomach week from HELL that I've had at work, I decided to get some of this tension professionally relieved.

As much as I would LOVE a membership to Massage Envy, I just don't have that kind of money (yet), so I settled for the "Relaxation Spa" in my nearby mall.

Because I was so knotted up, I decided to splurge a little and got the 40 minute chair/massage bed combo.

For the first 20 minutes, the tiny little masseuse massaged my temples, neck, feet and legs.

For the next 20 minutes, she massaged me from head to toe...and my arms.

I gotta tell ya...this woman was tiny, but it felt like a GORILLA was massaging me.

I tried not to wince too much because I know she was just working on all the knots that she felt. But MAN!!!

At one point I had to remind myself that childbirth is painful too, but to just keep breathing and it would all be over soon.

So I breathed, and breathed, and breathed some more.

Finally, she was done...and I must say...that little woman massaged me so well that when I got off that bed, I was dizzy. Like so relaxed I felt like I was standing on legs of spaghetti. It actually took me a minute to get my bearings. Boy do I feel better now.

After today's massage, I told myself that I am going to get them more often...because I'm worth it. If it means that maybe I won't buy lunch for a week, or have to give up something else...I'll do it if it means that I get to have regular massages.

How 'bout you? Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time you had a massage, and how regularly do you get them?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. Yes Massages are wonderful! Well I have one of those beloved Massage Envy Memberships, it's nice to have, but it kinda has become a financial burden. So since we have a long weekend coming up, I hope you have Labor Day off, let's go get a massage. I have time built up, so you won't have to pay, but we'd have to go all the way to Palos Verde. Pick a day and give me some time options and I will make us an appt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE that! You should see my back right now. It's 2 days later and I am STILL black and blue from "Tiny Gorilla Woman's" hands. I don't think that was supposed to happen.

      Delete
  2. OMG are you really bruised up like that? That is really odd. Well when you are healed and ready to be touched again let me know. We can go. Have you been drinking enough water before and after the massage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. Maybe that would help. I'll try to hydrate before I go again. The bruises have gone away...finally. :-)

    ReplyDelete