Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Take Two!!!

Lately I've been re-thinking some decisions that I've made, wondering how things would've been had I done them differently. I tend to have these thoughts most often on a Sunday evening like tonight, where I am thankful to have a job, yet not too thrilled about the one I have to go to tomorrow.

Many times I ask myself, "How did I end up HERE?" Or, "Where did I go wrong?"

In the words of Erykah Badu, "I think I made a wrong turn back there somewhere."

Looking back, I can pretty much pinpoint just where things took a wrong turn. It was when I stopped attending college.

Had I stayed in college, I would've continued studying my field of choice (which at that time was TEACHING) and I would have had DECADES of teaching under my belt by now. At the very least, I would've had a degree. Well...I do have an AA, but that's not much better than a high school diploma these days.

Instead, I stopped going...and it has been one cubicle job after another ever since.

Again I say...YES, I am THANKFUL to have a job. And at the same time...probably in the same breath...I know that there is MORE for me. I am supposed to be doing something else. How do I know? Because my spirit is so unsettled, and I don't think that THIS is how I am supposed to be feeling.

Even with my blog, I feel like there is MORE for it than me writing to a handful of readers (for that handful, I am VERY thankful). This is supposed to be BIG. This is supposed to open doors for me. This is supposed to get me out of a cubicle and into the creative world of writing, and stage plays, and televisions series', and movies. THIS is supposed to be THAT.

I don't know. I guess I'm in a "holding pattern" of sorts.

Kinda wondering, what's the difference between regret, and wishing I had done something differently?
Or is there a difference?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's one thing you wish you could do differently that may have changed the course of your life?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I used to feel that way about my left but all it become was a version of torment. As with all things there's a reason and a purpose. And even those things that I at one time regretted helped get to where I am and have taught me valuable life lessons. Your gifts and talents will make room for you. And don't despise small beginnings. this is your small beginning. The big things happen when we're faithful to the small things. Stay faithful to this even if no one reads it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well YOU read it, and you're definitely SOMEONE. So if I am writing for "An Audience of Two" (You and God), then I shall continue. :-)

      Delete