Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

239.6 (or something like that)

Ok, so I weighed myself this morning but I forgot to write down the number. It was either 239.6 or 238.6

I figured I'd go with the higher number. Still too much. Still enough for most of you to say DAYUM, but...less than last week. Still have a long way to go. I'll get there.

Now, on a separate note:

Friday was my company's holiday party. I wasn't sure if I was going to go because I wasn't feeling very "festive" and I didn't have a "+1" to go with.

I didn't decide to go until the last minute. And I mean the very last minute. But once I got there, I was glad that I decided to go. The meal was okay (could've been seasoned a little more but it was good nonetheless). But after the meal came the fun part...DANCING.

Okay...by my weight you can tell that I'm a pretty big girl. For years I would let my size keep me off the dance floor. I thought, "Who wants to see ALL this flappin' around on the dance floor?" Well, that was many years and negative thoughts ago and now, I get my big butt out there and have a good time.

Wanna know why? I'll tell you.

LIFE IS SHORT!!! Seriously, Life is short and I believe that it's meant to be LIVED. Regardless of size. I mean really...why should thin people be the only ones who enjoy life? If that were the case then it would mean that the life of a fat person is worthless. Well, I'm here to tell ya...that ain't true! I know, that wasn't very grammatically correct, but you got my point, didn't you?

No...every life has value! Every life is worth being lived. Fat, skinny, short, tall, ugly, pretty, smart, not so smart, rich, poor...EVERY LIFE IS VALUABLE!

And so, for that reason, I get out there on that dance floor and "sweat my hair out". For those who don't know what that means...in Black culture it means that your hair starts out straight and by the end of the night it's "napped up" again, which is just a sign that you've had a really really good time ;-)

In addition to dancing all night, I also grabbed the microphone and sang. Yes! I sang. Next to writing, my favorite thing to do is SING.

We had a really cool DJ and when a song came on that I liked, I asked him if it was to sing, he handed me the mic, and I belted that song out like nobody's business. Again, many years and negative thoughts ago I would've NEVER done that, for fear of what others might think. Guess what!!! I don't care what anyone thinks!

This is MY life, and I may not be here tomorrow. I may not be here 5 minutes from now. So...I live EVERY moment of my life as if it were my last. And I love it!!! I believe that this is the way that God intended for us to live. Otherwise, what would be His purpose for creating us?

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Are you living your life to the fullest, or are you letting the "potential thoughts of others" keep you from doing things that you really want to do?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment