Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

BE Better, DO Better, HAVE Better!

For a person who walks through this life alone, it really doesn't help to write a blog that no one reads or comments on. Nevertheless, here I am once again with my thougts. No matter what, I will not quit!

So as I mentioned a few days ago, my motto for 2011 is this:
BE Better, DO Better, HAVE Better

So simple, yet profound. And I made it up all by mahself. So when you start seeing it on T-shirts, remember...you heard it here FIRST.

So what does that all mean? Well, let me break it down for you.

BE Better:This means that I want to BE better than I am now. BE healthier. BE happier. BE more productive. BE loved.

DO Better:
This means, first and foremost (aren't those the same thing), that I want to DO better by God. I don't feel like I'm giving Him all of me, yet I know that I should be. I need to love Him with all my heart, mind, soul. That's everything. I think sometimes that I put my desire to love and be loved by "man", ahead of my need to love and be love by Him.

I want to DO better for my children. I'm tired of struggling and they're tired of watching me struggle. As it is right now, today is the 2nd of January and I have no idea how we are going to pay the rent or the two past due car payments that are looming overhead. Although I am trusting in God because I know that He requires my full and complete trust, I also know that He needs me to do my part and find a way to pay these bills. Right now, I'm outta ideas.

I want to DO better for myself and work toward that which will ultimately make me happy while I'm here on this earth. Guess that's why I keep coming back to the blog. THIS, makes me happy.

HAVE Better:
As long as I do the first two (BE better, DO Better), I know for a fact that the third will come. I will HAVE better. No doubt about it!
Have a better place to live. Have a better job. Have more love to give, and one day...yes one day...have more love coming my way.

So that's pretty much it in a nutshell. In 2011 I will BE better, DO better, HAVE better.

We're only 2 days into the new year and already I've hit a snag. Dealing with someone who refuses to forgive and forget something that happened in the past. Yes, once again, the past has reared its ugly little head.

But that's not gonna stop me or get me down. And it's certainly not going to make me cry. Oh no my friends...there is absolutely NO crying on the 2nd day of the year. Absolutely NONE.

Let the DIALOGUE begin! What do you want to do this year...BE Better, DO Better or HAVE Better?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment