Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweetbitter Sunday

Here we are again. Coming to the end of another "sweetbitter" Sunday.

Yes, I know that the more common term is "bittersweet" but for me, the sweet comes before the bitter, so that's how I choose to describe it.

Sweet, because I love what Sunday represents. The day that we go to God's house to offer praise and worship unto Him. The day that I get to just hang out with my family and chill. Sunday, I love it...until...

Sunday evening rolls around. Which is right about now. This is where the bitter comes in. Where the depression sets in and I just don't want to move. Because as every minute passes I'm getting closer and closer to being back in "hell". Yes, I said it...HELL. That's what my job is. Absolute, never ending torment. And it just gets worse day after day, week after week, month after month. I even had a manager openly admit to me that if I think things are bad now (and they are), they're only going to get worse. No light at the end of the tunnel. No "just hang on, things'll get better". Nope, none of that. Well, at least she didn't lie to me.

I really think that the issues at my job are designed to make me want to quit. But I won't do it. If I quit, then my family suffers, and I don't want them to suffer any more than they already do.

And it's not like I'm not trying. Most people would have given up a long time ago and just said "screw it". But that's not me. No, I still go in everyday, do my best, and like a hamster on a treadmill, I'm getting nowhere. Can't keep up with all the emails. Can't keep up with the calls. Just can't keep up. Used to be able to. But that's when my position was a reasonable position that one person could successfully fulfill. Now, my position requires at least THREE people in order to be performed successfully, and that's just not happening.

So, I suffer and dread Mondays...and Tuesdays...and Wednesdays...and Thursdays. Fridays are only bearable because I know that it's the last day of the week that I have to endure, and then...two blissful days away from the madness.

Even as I'm typing, I know that I need to logon and see what awaits me tomorrow, and/or stay up all night to do what I can to have a clean slate in the morning. The problem is...the slate is never clean anymore. There's just too much for one person...waaay too much.

And before you go yelling at me, I'll say now what I've said before...Yes...I'm grateful to have a job. Yes, I know that thousands of the unemployed would love to have my job. I get it. That doesn't change the situation, yet I do get it.

So...enough of my ranting and raving about my job. Now it's time for you to chime in:

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Are you working? If so, is your company hiring?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment