Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, June 10, 2011

TO Me, FROM Me, With LOVE


Today at work I received a very yummy box of chocolate covered strawberries. Dee-lish!

Was I surprised when they showed up? Not one bit. Why not? Because I sent them to myself.

No, not as a ploy to make people think that there's a "special someone" in my life. I sent them because I've always wanted them.

So...instead of waiting for someone to send me chocolate covered strawberries, I decided to send them to myself.

Now if you've followed the blog for any time at all, you know that I am a single woman who would love to no longer be single, yet, there aren't any prospects, therefore, there's no guarantee when or even if that special someone will come along.

So until he does show up, I'm going to love myself the way that I deserve to be loved.

And you know what...who better to love me, than ME.

I know what I like.
I enjoy my own company.
I appreciate me for me.

And it got me thinking about all of the women (an possibly men also) who are wasting their lives waiting for someone to come along and shower them with gifts, make them feel valued, take them to the places they like, etc. But what if that person never shows up? Why deprive yourself of the things that make you happy just because you don't have anyone to share those things with.

Me...I've gone to concerts alone, and have enjoyed myself immensely. I've dined alone and savored the meal completely. I've seen movies alone, and enjoyed every scene because there was no one for me to talk to throughout the movie (those who've seen movies with me know how much I talk through movies). And for the first time...I've sent myself chocolate covered strawberries. Shared them with the kiddies, and enjoyed every bite.

You see, my friends...I am living a live with NO regrets. No could've, should've, would'ves for me. God gave me this life, and I am going to LIVE it. Do I want to live it "companion-less"? Of course not! Does life go on even if a companion (a.k.a. husband) never comes along? Most certainly, yes!

And for all of you out there who are journeying through this life "solo", to you I say this...LIVE your life! Enjoy it! Treat yourself to the things that make you happy. You're worth it!

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Have you ever sent anything to yourself? Flowers, candy, chocolate? Did you send it and tell others that it came from someone else, or did you proudly reveal that the goodies were "self sent".

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. There is an art to living life the way you aspire to, and like anything else, some people are good at it and some are not so good at it. I've always taken care of myself better than anyone else has, so I continue to put that effort into my own enjoyment. Sharing experiences defeats that sense of solitude for certain, but the world is out there to be interacted with regardless. I cannot wait for someone else to prompt me to live, if I do then I am not directing. Like you, I enjoy the things I want to enjoy whether or not there is someone sitting next to me. In this way I love the world and let my recollections memorialize the life I live. Good for you, that you treat yourself nicely, because you will have been in great care when someone comes along to do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! So glad to know that someone else "gets it" and understands where I'm coming from. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete