Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

To Be Reviewed on January 1, 2018

On this day, January 1, 2017, we have been blessed to see the beginning of yet another NEW year.

As most people are doing on this day (or have been doing over the past few days), I have reflected on 2016, making note of those things that went well, along with those that went terribly wrong. In all of the reflection I have definitely identified areas that need IMMEDIATE improvement.

  • The Dialogue Den didn't have as much success as I had hoped because I didn't write as often as I should have.

  • My written BOOKS all went unfinished because I didn't write as often as I should have.

  • My savings plans ended up at ZERO on December 31st because I failed to add to them as often as I should have.

  • My weight loss (although I did lose 15 pounds over the past 3 months) was not as great as it could have been because I didn't eat well enough, nor exercise as often as I should have.

  • My gratitude jar only ended up with about 40 slips of paper in it when it SHOULD have been OVERFLOWING.

  • My job search efforts were not as successful as I needed them to be because "on paper" my work history appears to be "flaky" and no one has been willing to "take a chance" and allow me to PROVE that I really AM a stable, competent, hard-working employee. It's coming though. It HAS to.

  • My One Year Bible has WEEKS that went unread, causing me to miss important instruction, and inspiration that I so desperately could have used.

The key component in the seven issues referenced above is LACK OF CONSISTENCY. Now that I have identified the problem, I can work toward resolving it. That resolution comes in the form of ONE word: CONSISTENCY

If I am CONSISTENT in:
  • Blogging DAILY
  • Working on my books DAILY
  • Contributing to my savings plans DAILY
  • Eating healthy and working out DAILY
  • Adding at least ONE thing that I am thankful for to my gratitude jar DAILY
  • Getting a job and sticking with it DAILY (regardless of what's going on in the rest of my life)
  • Reading my One Year Bible DAILY...

Oh how much better of a position I will be this time next year. And that's what I want...BETTER. One year from today, January 1, 2018...I look forward to looking back on this post and comparing my life TODAY to what it will be THEN. I pray that it will be WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT with POSITIVE results based on the changes that will have been made.

But enough about me...what about you?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Is there one word, or a phrase that you have chosen to guide you through 2017? If so, let's hear it.

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment