Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbye Melvin, Hello MELODY!!!



Ok. So those who know me well know that I have this habit of naming my possesions. You know...kinda like how people name their cars (mine by the way is named Kenya). And the way that people name boats...well, I name a few other things, especially...my iPods. And I've had a few.

I won my first iPod at work. It was a shuffle and it held 200 songs. I thought, "Wow...200 hundred songs...that's a lot." Lemme tell ya...that thing was filled to capacity in no time, but it didn't have a name.

The shuffle suited me well but once I spotted the nano with the color screen, I had to have it. So with my tax return money that year I bought one for myself as a treat. It was blue and sooo pretty. Something that pretty just HAD to have a name. So I named it Azure. And Azure went everywhere I went.

Well...we had another contest at work and guess what...I won an iPod touch. The funny part though is that I was so happy with Azure I wasn't really even that interested in the touch. It just seemed way to "gadgety" for my taste. Took me some time to even open it up.

Then the folks at work started telling me about the features, so I decided to check it out. I was IN LOVE!!! And my love's name was MELVIN.

Yes, MELVIN. A soulful name from the 70's that you just don't hear anymore. And MELVIN was full of soul.

So into my drawer went Azure, and into my pockets, purse, palm, went MELVIN.

That was...until a couple of months ago. Melvin died :-(

Water damage, so they said.

So for months I've gone without my iPod and have had to make do with CDs. Just not the same.

After finally saving enough money, I bought a new one. And once again, I've found LOVE!!! This time, in MELODY. That's the name of my new iPod. And she's pictured here. Ain't she purdy???

Even as I'm writing this post, I've got her playing right next to me in my little portable speakers. She is an absolute dream. As a mother of three, it's rare that I buy anything for myself...but this time...just this once...I had to get something for ME...and I am sooo glad that I did. It's been great on my morning walks. The time just flies by when I've got Melody plugged in.

The protective cover that I bought speaks volumes. It's colorful (which I find music to be), and there are lots of hearts (which reflect my great love for music).

I even applied the protective film thingy perfectly on the first try...no bubbles.

So there you have it folks. Yeah, this post is pretty long. But anybody who knows me will attest to the fact that I could go on for days when it comes to music. But for now, I'll stop here.

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Do you name objects?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment