Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Ellipses, and Other Stuff

So if you've followed my blog for any amount of time, you've noticed that I use ellipses a lot. Some folks overuse commas, others may overuse the exclamation point...I however, choose (and possibly overuse)the ellipses.

For those who don't know what an ellipses is, it's a series of three dots that create a break in a sentence, like these...

Yes folks, I am probably the "Queen of Ellipses." And you know what...I'll gladly wear that title. I don't use them purposefully, as in, "Hey, let me stick a...here, or there." Instead, it just seems to land where it does, which tends to be all throughout my writing. Who knows, maybe that'll be my signature...what folks remember about me & my writing long after I'm gone.

In other news...I am really in a sappy mood lately. I'd say that it's because I lack physical contact and could really really use a hug...a REAL hug, and a good cry. But, it is what it is and neither of those seem to be happening any time soon. Well...the latter almost happened today.

I was watching The Office (love that show!), and I was on the episode called "Niagra" where Jim and Pam get married. Maybe I just cry at weddings period, but watching theirs got me all teared up. I just love the way that they "get" each other. Pam ripped her veil and called Jim in (BEFORE the wedding, which is usually a no-no), because nothing seemed to be going right on "their special day." He was right there for her and completely understood how she was feeling. Next thing you know, they ditched their own party and were off on a boat GETTING MARRIED. Jim had that as "Plan B" in his back pocket all along. Anyway, I watched that and just thought, "I want a love like that. Somebody who really 'gets me'". *Sigh* So yeah, the eyes watered, but not to the point of that "really good cry" that I know I need. Maybe it hasn't happened because if I start, I may not stop. Who knows.

Oh, then there was my morning Bible reading that I've been thinking about all day. I was reading 2 Kings 17:41 which reads,

"So these nations feared the Lord, yet served their carved images; also their children and their children’s children have continued doing as their fathers did, even to this day."

It made me think about a lot of Christians I know. So many say that they believe in Christ, yet they "dabble" in "other stuff" too. Like reading more books by "self help" authors, and putting more weight on THOSE words, than reading the Word of God and putting ALL weight on His Word. Or Christians who follow the horoscopes. NO! Following Christ and following horoscopes do not go together! So when I read that passage of Scripture it made sense, especially the very last four words, "even to this day". Yes, to this day, folks are still this very same thing. May not in the form of "carved images", but in the form of "supposedly" following God, yet relying on "other stuff" too. I'm no perfect Christian, and as long as I live, I never will be. Yet I know enough about God's Word to know what He allows, and what His Word stands against. He doesn't want "lukewarm" Christians. He wants us to either be hot or cold...not in the middle.

Ok...that's enough of my "preaching" for the day, although somewhere down the line I will write about how I'm still upset over the "friend" who corrected me on an issue recently, and used Scripture to do it. What was interesting about that was that this person isn't even a Christian. Yet that shouldn't surprise me at all because even the devil knows the Word of God. Heck, he tried to use it to trip up Jesus. Although that was completely IMPOSSIBLE considering the fact that Jesus IS the Word of God (John 1:1), so it can't be used to confuse Him.

Alright...and breathe.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time YOU had a good cry?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

(Day 5/21)

No comments:

Post a Comment