Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Birthday "Billie"!

Yes, I'm back. Yes, I know It's been a while. So...I'm gonna jump right on in.

Today is the birthday of a good friend of mine. A very good friend. We'll call this friend "Billie".

Billie and I met 11 years ago and during those 11 years, I have been the "constant" in our friendship...always reachable, always locatable. Just, always. Billie on the other hand...not so much.

The last time I saw Billie was April 19th. Before that, December 31st. Before that...I really couldn't tell you.

Over the past 11 years, I have endured a LOT with Billie. Way more than most people would. Helping Billie out of "situations" because that's what FRIENDS do. In fact, most would have given up and washed their hands of Billie a long time a go. Probably 10 years ago.

But something in me keeps holding on. Something in me simply can not ignore or walk away. Something in me has always rooted for Billie. I have seen potential in Billie when Billie couldn't see it. Truth be told, even as I write these words, I still don't think Billie sees it. We all need someone who sees in us what we can't see in ourselves. I am that someone for Billie.

So...how can I give up? I very well may be the only one who's rooting for Billie, and if I stop...then what?

I've never asked much from Billie except for consistency. For the "disappearing acts" to stop. Mainly because I worry when I don't hear from Billie. Most times, I just get the brush off, as though I've made up the disappearing acts in my mind. But, Billie and I both know that's not the truth. The reason I know this is because Billie PROMISED me...PROMISED me on April 19th that the disappearing acts were over. When I heard those words, everything within me wanted to BELIEVE that THIS time...Billie was telling the truth. I don't know when I've ever wanted anything to be more true. I BELIEVED.

Then April 20th came and went. May 1st came and went. May 31st Came and went. And here we are...June 2nd...Billie's birthday, and I haven't heard a word.

Sure, I could pick up the phone and call. But I won't.
Sure, I could send a text. But I won't.
Sure, I could send an email. But I won't.

For 11 years, I have done ALL of the reaching. ALL!

I can't reach anymore. If Billie wants to be a part of my life, Billie needs to reach out to ME for a change.

In spite of the fact that I have no idea WHERE Billie is or HOW Billie is...June 2nd is still a very special day for me. And so, I have prayed and asked God to bless Billie, wherever Billie may be. And that, is probably the very best thing I can do for Billie.

The other thing I will do in honor of this day is include Billie's favorite song: Rocket Love by Stevie Wonder.
Billie and I have sung many songs together...including this one. I miss that.

Wherever you are Billie, be blessed, and ALWAYS know that you are LOVED, by me, and more importantly...by God.

Now...Let the Dialogue Begin: Is there anyone who you'd like to reach out to, but for whatever reason (aside from death) you are unable?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment