Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, August 1, 2014

This JOY that I have...

With all of the sadness, anger, and negativity in the world I am learning more and more how to TUNE IT OUT and focus on what matters...JOY, LOVE, PEACE...and ultimately life eternal with Christ. You see, when I think on those things, then the vitriol and nastiness that the world may try to throw my way simply bounces right off. I just don't want any part of it. It's as though I wake up every morning now and spray "negativity repellent" all over myself. To the point where it either doesn't come near me, and/or if it does, it bounces right off...NEVER making contact.

Life is so much sweeter when lived that way. Interestingly enough, it's not the way that "the world" operates. Thankfully...I am not of this world. I am simply a traveler sojourning through. So I don't have to conform to the negative ways of this world because they are not the ways of my Lord Jesus. HIS ways are MY ways, and for that I am forever grateful.

The world wants us to tackle anger with anger...bitterness with bitterness...negativity with negativity.

Nope. Not gonna do it...because Jesus wouldn't do it that way.

Light outshines Darkness...ALWAYS.
Love outshines Hate...ALWAYS.
Silence outshines Angry Speech...ALWAYS.
Forgiveness outshines Unforgiveness...ALWAYS.
The Word of God outshines the ways of this world...ALWAYS.
Faith outshines hopelessness...ALWAYS.
Understanding outshines the need to prove a point...ALWAYS.


There...I've given you seven. Anyone who knows me knows that I do things in sevens.

So here's the deal...when I wake up each morning, I CHOOSE JOY. I really do. With a dwindling bank account and a job situation that's up in the air...life issues that need to be handled, and other things that change like the wind...I STILL choose JOY. I mean really, what benefit is there in harboring anger, resentment, bitterness, and whatever else people hold against each other? This life is so short compared to eternity. Why live it angrily? Again, I say...I CHOOSE JOY.

I still pray for people who've hurt me. Yes, EVERYDAY I pray for them...asking God to BLESS them. Why? (You already know what I'm gonna say) Because JESUS said so! That's why. No, it's not easy in my flesh. But by the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within me, it's totally doable. And That's what I choose to operate from...the power of the Holy Spirit and not my flesh. Too many people (yes, even Christians) are operating out of their flesh. How do I know...because they are so quick to anger, and short on forgiveness. Sorry folks, but according to the Bible that I read, that's completely opposite of how it's supposed to be. Thankfully, in one's very next breath the script can be flipped. But a person has to WANT to flip it. Some people CHOOSE ANGER. Sad, but true. For some strange reason, it makes them feel better...makes them feel like their "winning". Ok. Anywhoo...as I said before and will say once more...I CHOOSE JOY, and so does Yolanda Adams in one of my favorite songs where she says, "This joy that I have, the world didn't give this joy to me..." Amen Yolanda, amen!

Let the DIALOGUE begin: When you wake up tomorrow morning, what will YOU choose? Heck, why wait til then...tomorrow morning isn't promised to any of us. You may only have THIS moment. So...right NOW...what do YOU choose?


Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment