Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

And I Shall Recover It ALL...

Today was my day to visit another church. I gotta tell ya...I am truly enjoying the
experience. 

In the process, God has let me know that HE is in control of this...not I. 

The reason I say that is because there a THREE churches that I am anxious to visit...THREE. Wouldn't you know...those THREE have not been pulled from my bowl yet. It's as if God is saying, "Nope...not yet."

Even when I pulled today's church yesterday, I almost cheated and was going to pull another to see if one of the THREE might come out. Can you believe that?!? Hey, if I'm nothing else, I'm honest.

I quickly remembered though that this is a "team effort." Where I pull, is where HE wants me to go, even if I'm not 100% sure of the reason. 

The only thing that I am certain of is that every church in my bowl is in there because someone I know has worshiped there. Whether they're a member or were just visiting on a particular day is unknown to me, and most of the time I can't even remember which friend it was who went where.  Not that it really matters because I don't go to see friends (although I've said before that if I do...GREAT. But if I don't...that's OK too.)

Well...I didn't cheat yesterday and this morning I went to the church that I pulled. The one that God wanted me to visit today. 

I gotta tell ya. As I sat there in service I realized that I was right where I needed to be. The songs during Praise and Worship spoke directly to my heart, and the message was one that I truly needed to hear. The key point was RESTORATION -- getting back what was once mine...and then some. THAT was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. 

It didn't stop there though. 

This afternoon I attended my own church's 3 Year Anniversary service. Now here's how I know that God is REAL and that NOTHING is by coincidence

Our theme for this afternoon's service was "Growing Stronger, Growing Deeper, Reaching Higher," and the message was to come from Isaiah 40:31

Well...the pastor who was selected to deliver the message had agreed to delivering one, but said that he wanted to speak on something else. My pastor agreed, and although we kept our theme, the message came from 2 Samuel 9:1-7, and was titled, "Welcome to The Table of Grace." Wouldn't you know...THAT message was all about (you guessed it) RESTORATION

I almost cried. 

Sometimes God speaks so softly to me, I can barely hear Him. Sometimes He's completely SILENT. At other times, like today, He SHOUTS. And I heard just what He's trying to tell me. In this "season" that I am about to go through, He wants me to TRUST Him and know that no matter what I've lost (and may potentially lose), He will RESTORE it ALL...and then some. 

With confirmation like that, how can I worry? I can't, and I won't. 

Now...Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you believe in God, or coincidence? 

Talk to me!

Til next time...


3 comments:

  1. It's so awesome, and so like God to give us exactly what we need when we need it. This happened to me just a few weeks ago. I found myself facing quite a few challenges one morning. Out of frustration and an Ttempt to avoid dealing with the issues. I picked up my phone to check my email. The subject of my first message was "Peace Be Still." After reading it and praying I felt better and received the direction I needed from God to resolve the morning's issues. I love your blog and your willingness to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dawna...and THANK YOU for your support and for commenting! That means sooo much to me!! Yes, God certainly gives us what we need, JUST when we need it. The lesson that I am learning is that He gives those things to us in HIS time and not our own. I'm always trying to rush Him, yet I know better. God can NOT be rushed, yet He is ALWAYS on time!

      Delete