Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dear God, I'm Listening.

Today was my second visit to the latest church pulled from my bowl. 

Once again I was reassured in knowing that God's Word is going forth in FULL FORCE, and there are MANY great pastors delivering His message. 

Today's church was the smallest of all that I've visited, but the Praise and Worship was just as mighty as you'd find at any "Megachurch."

Before service begins, the pastor greets and shakes hands with the congregation. After service, he stands outside and again greets folks as they are leaving. That's such a nice personal touch. 

Today's message was one that I needed to hear. It was titled, "Knowing the Voice of God," and although I haven't shared many notes before, I wanted to share a few that I jotted down today. 

"My obedience to God is predicated on being able to hear His voice."

"In order to KNOW His voice, I must BELONG to Him."

That's makes total sense! For example...my kids know MY voice because they belong to me and have heard it all their lives. On the flip side, I know my children's voices because THEY are mine. 

When they were small we could be at a park, or any place with lots of children, yet when MINE called out, I knew exactly whose voice I was hearing and knew to go to them. Same with God. Because I am His, and BELONG to Him by way of His Son, He KNOWS my voice.

This next one is HUGE...

"Knowing the voice of God comes by knowing the Word of God."

Yes, yes and YES!

Because God speaks to us through His Word, I must stay IN His Word (studying/reading/meditating) in order to hear from Him. 

"Observe ALL of what Jesus Himself spoke and taught."

That simply means, pay attention to all of the "red letter" wording which represents Jesus speaking, and do all that He has commanded and instructed. 

"When I am unsure about whether I'm hearing from God, or myself, or the enemy...PRAY."

Yes...PRAY and ask for WISDOM as stated in James 1:5-6

That passage of Scripture hit me like a ton of bricks. It reads like this: 

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

The key is, "...you must believe and not doubt..."

God knows when I am doubting Him, so why would he grant me what I am asking if He knows that in my heart I don't believe He will do it. 


Instead, I must ask in FAITH and NOT doubt. 


So yeah.


That was my visitation experience at Arise Christian Center. I hope to go back one day. 


Oh, and now that I have recently learned how to add links to my posts, I'm going to go ahead and add the links to the other churches that I have visited thus far. I may not have them in the right order, but they're all here.





That's all for now. 


I am greatly looking forward to the next church that God will lead me to visit (by way of my bowl.)


It's late, so Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time YOU heard from God...and how did you KNOW it was Him?


Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment