Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, July 8, 2016

Hello God? It's Me...

A funny thing happened on my way to sleep last night.

Yesterday was a rough day. TERRIBLY rough. The world seemed to being going mad and it was all a bit too much.

As a result of the unrest going on around the country, I found myself staying up much later than usual for a work night.

Finally, I decided to turn everything off and head to bed.

Before I got into bed, I knelt down next to it and PRAYED. My prayer was considerably longer than usual because I just had so much on my heart and mind.

In the midst of my prayer I found myself praying for "Joe." Remember him?

I hadn't heard from, nor seen him since May 24th. At this point, I'd finally resigned myself to the fact that he was simply GONE.

Since he's been gone I've experienced a gamut of emotions. I've been sad, angry, concerned...you name it.

I guess lately I've been more in the angry phase and I stopped praying for him and his well-being. I had removed him from my prayers altogether. That was...until last night.

For some reason, last night I was compelled to pray for him heavily. And so I did. Then crawled into bed and went to sleep.

Now remember...I haven't head from, nor seen "Joe" since May 24th. That's been over a month ago.

Well...last night, as I was deep into my REM sleep...the phone rang.

The ringtone was familiar, yet unfamiliar and since I wasn't quite awake, I didn't answer.

It rang again.

This time I looked and the phone and saw that it was (you guessed it!) "Joe."

I didn't answer because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say, of if I had anything to say AT ALL. "Missed Call."

It rang again...I answered.

We spoke for a while. Actually, "Joe" did most of the talking. I quietly listened...while thanking God for yet another prayer answered. As I said a couple posts ago...sometimes He answers RIGHT AWAY, and then there are other things that I am STILL waiting to manifest.

So what does Joe's call mean? Who knows. I'm not trying to dissect it. I'm simply glad that it occurred. I was relieved to hear his voice. Things still aren't what or where he needs them to be. I pray, for his sake, that one day soon they will.

But on this "30 Days of THANKFULNESS: Day 25" - I am ever so THANKFUL for God's prompt answer to my prayer.

I know that He's REAL. I know that He HEARS. And I know that He ANSWERS.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Is there anyone in your life whom you've lost touch with and would love to reconnect?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment