Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, July 4, 2016

ME Time

Ah...Fourth of July. Hotdogs. Hamburgers. Parks. Beaches. Friends. Family. Fireworks.

For most folks, those are all the things that make up a great Fourth of July. For me, what makes Fourth of July BEST is a DAY OFF OF FROM WORK. A much needed, long awaited DAY OFF. Paid time off is simply something that we don't get enough of in this country. So when I get a "Company Holiday" OFF...I gladly take it, and relish every single solitary second.

I will especially enjoy TODAY because when I go to work tomorrow I have already been assigned to cover someone else's desk. THAT my friends, is the quickest way to have a relaxing three-day-weekend roll right off.

So for these next 20 some hours that belong solely to me, I will do as much as I can doing what I love.

I will write, and sing, and write and write some more.

I'll probably throw some cleaning in there somewhere (not 'cause I love it, but because SOMEBODY'S gotta do it.)

And then I'll write again.

Also gonna carve out some time to get my resume out to a few places. Somewhere out there is my ideal CAREER. The one I was CREATED for. One that does NOT have me sitting in a cubicle listening to the clickety-clack of everyone frantically typing away on their keyboards in an office that is more quite than the library. Some days I just stop, listen, and almost want to cry...knowing that God must SURELY have more for me than THIS.

Somewhere out there, is an employer who is looking for someone with a PASSION and PURPOSE for helping the homeless (especially homeless YOUTH). No...I don't have any "professional" experience in that area. No...I don't have a college degree in that area. But I have the HEART for it...and PLENTY of professional experience that I have gained from my corporate positions. If you ask me...I've got the winning combination. One day, my future employer will realize that too and I will FINALLY be able to make a POSITIVE impact on the lives of others.

So yeah...this DAY OFF is already JAM PACKED. Filled with things that mean something to me. Filled with things that will one day, some day, get me to where I want to be, and that leads me to what I am THANKFUL for today.

On this, "30 Days of THANKFULNESS: Day 21" - I am simply THANKFUL for a DAY OFF...away from "the cubicle."

For the rest of y'all, headin' to picnics, "cookouts", and what not..."throw a shrimp on the barbie" for me ('cause you know I don't eat beef, chicken, goat, lamb, pork, or turkey)...and have a FANTASTIC Fourth of July!!!!

Now, Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's you favorite "song for the summer?" Here's one of mine. Be sure to turn it up!



Then talk to me!
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment