Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Keepin' Up with The Times

This morning I made my 2nd visit to one of the churches from my "bowl."

How I came to visit was a bit interesting.

For those who have followed The Dialogue Den for the past few months, you know that I have been enjoying a "Season of Visitation" with regard to where I have been worshiping on Sunday mornings.

For those new to the blog I'll give you a "Cliff's Notes" version and let you know that I have a church home where I have been a member for over twenty years, yet for the past three years or so God has been urging me to visit other churches. I ignored the urge for a couple years and finally, this year, I decided to be obedient...and visit.

To be 100% clear, I am not looking for a new faith as I strongly proclaim my faith in Christ as Lord and Savior. Nor am I looking for a new church home, because I'm happy where I am currently.

I am however, enjoying the various styles of worship, and Scriptural messages that I have heard at churches other than my own.

How do I decide where to go?

I'm glad you asked.

I pay attention to where my friends "check-in" on Sunday mornings and I place the names of those churches in my "bowl." On my designated week to visit, I randomly pick a church from "the bowl" and that's where I head the following Sunday.

So what made today's (and last Sunday's) visits interesting was that this church was the most recent one that got added to my "bowl." That's never happened before.

A few weeks ago one of my friends noticed that I'm visiting churches so she invited me to hers. I thanked her for the invitation and told her that I would add her church to my list (didn't wanna have to explain 'the bowl') and that I wasn't sure when I'd be there, but that I would be one day...at Gods' "go."

Well, wha'da'ya'know...hers was the church that I pulled to visit last Sunday.

I enjoyed service there.

They don't have a building of their own yet so they have service in a middle school auditorium. That was just fine with me. I've always said that I can worship at the beach or at a park...as long as God is being praised and His word is going forth...that's all that matters. I even told her about my own church and how we were "homeless" for 18 months before we finally got a building of our own. So for those 18 months we shared a church building. Our service would begin at 8:30 and we would be finished in time for the other church to have their service begin at 11:00. Yep.

So I'm sure that soon enough they will be in a building of their own.

In the meantime, the worship was solid...the preaching was solid and God is getting the glory.

One thing that I noticed today was how "young" the church was. I mean, I was probably the oldest person in attendance and their use of technology was an example of how "young" the church is.

At my church, we have a "Meet and Greet" portion during the service where we go and say hello to each other, and preferably say hello to someone we've never seen before to make sure that visitors feel welcomed.

At this church, they have what's called "Tweet and Greet." You find someone to say hello to, take a "selfie" with them, and then post it to social media. Yep.

Where some churches frown upon the use of cell phones in church, this one actually encourages it...at least during that part of the service. I thought that was pretty cool.

Overall, I enjoyed my visits to Kingdom Culture Worship Center. Now I'm looking forward to where God will send me next.

In the meantime, Let the DIALOGUE begin: Are you on Twitter? If so, what's the last thing you tweeted?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. selfie at church, that made me laugh. if someone tried to do that to me at church they'd likely get cussed out! but I'm not a selfie lover. but I'm sure there are many that love it!

    ReplyDelete