Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Babies...such BLESSINGS!

Tonight was parent teacher conference night and I think I was the proudest parent there. Not so much because of the grades that my son has earned (although 4 As and 2 Bs are nothing to sneeze at), but because of the comments that every teacher had about him. These are the same comments that I've been hearing throughout his entire education (he's in 7th grade right now). But it doesn't stop there. The same comments that I heard tonight about my son, were the very same comments that I've always received about my 2 daughters also (one currently a senior in high school and the other in her 3rd year of college).

Here's how the conversation usually goes:

Teacher: Oh my goodness! I can't tell you enough what a pleasure {insert child's name here} is in class. So mannerable, so pleasant, such a hard worker. Such a joy to have in my class. I wish I had an entire classroom filled with students just like {insert child's name here}.

Me: Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. He/She really is a blessing. Not just at school but at home also (or something along those lines).

Tonight, was even more moving. Tonight, his math teacher actually gave me a hug when I walked in the door, and was tearing up the whole time that she talked about my son. Wow! She said that she told herself she wouldn't get attached to any of the students this year, then in walked my son. It's difficult to not get attached to a child as special as he is.

Tonight's experience reminded me of something that I have always said about my children. I've always said that if they weren't my kids, I'd wish that they were. Does that make sense?

If they weren't mine I'd always look at them and think, "Awww...it would be so cool to have children like them". Or, "When I have kids I hope they turn out just like...".

Have you ever met kids who make you feel that way?

And I thank God right then and there (as I've done since the day each one was born), for blessing me with them. Some parents may get 1 out of 3 who are exceptional. If they're lucky, they'll get 2 out of 3 who are exceptional. ME...God blessed me with 3 children who are absolutely exceptional people, inside and out. I couldn't have asked for better, I couldn't have chosen better, yet God gave me the BEST.

They are true examples of what it means to "let your Light shine". They don't hide their Light under a bushel. They let their Light shine brightly for all to see. THAT is what we are ALL supposed to do.

And on this night I want to world to know how blessed I am to be Lauren, Jordan and Terence's mom. There!!! Now you know.

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Do you know any cool kids, yours or someone else's? What makes 'em so cool?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment