Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Heavenly Dream

Last night I had a lovely dream about Heaven. I was there.

Not the Heaven that I've imagined but very peaceful nonetheless.

I don't know how I got there but the first recollection of the dream began with me waiting in line. I was waiting in line to get to the desk where I was to "check in" so to speak.

I get to the desk and there's a box with 3x5 index cards in it. One these cards were written the names of everyone who was allowed in. I went through the cards the first time and didn't find my name. Uh oh. So I went through the cards again. Still...nothing.

Then, a woman walks up to me and asks if she can help. I tell her yes...I can't find my name in the box.

She tells me that my name isn't in the box. BIG uh oh.

Then she directs me to another table. On that table is a plaque with my name on it and a home made button that someone made for me to wear. Wow! A plaque and a button...how 'bout that! Although at that point I really didn't care. My name could have been written on a square sheet of toilet paper...as long as my name was in Heaven SOMEWHERE...that's all that really mattered.

So I proceed with my tour through Heaven and I spot my children. All 3 of them were there, and I was so relieved.

Then I asked about their Dad. Was he there too? They told me that he was and they pointed toward where he was. He was hanging out with some other men discussing ways to make money. Didn't make much sense to me. After all...why would they need money in Heaven?

Then I thought, well...in his Heaven it would make total sense. He's an "entrepreneur at heart" and making money would definitely fit into his Heaven. I was just glad to see him there.

Then came God. Yes...God. And in my dream, God was a woman. She resembled Yolanda Adams (for those familiar with Gospel music).

She welcomed me into Heaven and showed me a snippet of my life. She knew how sad I had been at many times in my life and she wanted me to know that she was with me each and every time. I was never alone...even during the times when I'd felt completely alone.

She showed me a time when some crazed man kicked me in my stomach. It was a hard blow. And more than the pain that came with the force of his kick, was the pain that came from my children who were right there when the man kicked me. They should not have had to witness that. Then the snippet stopped and God said to me, "Yes...even then, I was right there with you."

Then the dream switched to a party seen. Although it wasn't the actual party, it was the clean-up that came after the party. There was so much food left over. And on a table was a HUGE bowl of marinated artichokes. Whoa! I LOVE marinated artichokes. So I went over to ask one of the servants if I could have one...just one. The servant told me NO. Wow. So I started to walk away.

Then the servant stopped me and said, "I was just kidding. Take as many as you'd like. Here, take the whole bowl." Really? So I did. With the huge bowl in hand I headed off to my Heavenly room. I had my own room in Heaven.

I've heard many people get excited about the fact that they'll have their own MANSION in Heaven, but I could care less about that. I don't NEED a MANSION. I'd be happy with just a room. And to be quite honest, even if I had to share that room, I'd still be fine...just as long as I'm there...in Heaven.

Okay...so back to the dream (I know, it's a long one, and I can't believe that I've remembered so much. Usually they fade away the minute I wake up).

So I'm heading to my room, and on the way there I pass by God. And all of a sudden I was just overcome. The tears just ran down my face. I told God how thankful I was. I thanked God for being with my all my life. I just cried and cried and felt so much at peace. Real peace. Peace like I'd never felt before.

God nodded and just said,"I know".

And then...I woke up.

Let the DIALOGUE begin(you can probably guess the topic)! Have you had any interesting dreams lately?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment