Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tired

I'm back.

Made it through another day at work, and as I do everyday before I walk into the office doors, and as I'm walking out, I thanked God. It is ONLY through the strength that He gives me that I am able to make it through each day.

My job is technical. I'm not.

From the day I was hired I pray every morning before I step foot through those doors asking God to give me what I need for that day. Lead me, guide me, direct me, and be with me. These are what I pray for EVERY morning. And at the end of the day, I thank Him for getting me through. I'm truly not doing this by myself.

Most days, like today, I end the day completely exhausted. Now I realize that most people are tired after a days work, but I am exceptionally, abnormally tired. I really need rest.

Here's a typical day for me:

Wake up at 6:00 a.m.
Get kids up and out the door between 6:45 and 7:00
Hop on a crowded freeway to drop my daughter off at school that's about 15 miles North West from where we live.
Head over to my son's school that's about 10 miles South of my daughter's school.
Then I hop on another freeway and head West toward work (in bumper to bumper traffic).
Finally, I make it to the office at 8:30

From the minute I sit down at my desk it's "all systems go". I answer a slew of emails and phone calls while responding to my customer's Instant Message requests. And oh, did I mention our "work flow management tool" where our customers also enter their quote requests that they expect to have answered within 4 hours. It's waaay too much.

About once every 3 hours I get up to use the restroom (thank God for my bladder, otherwise I'd never get up), and I eat my lunch at my desk. Every now & then I try to get away from my desk for lunch but when I get back I always regret it because a 1 hour lunch break sets me back about 3 hours. Just not worth it.

5:30 p.m. rolls around (slowly) and I should be wrapping up. Usually don't leave til @ 6 though.

Hop on the freeway to go get my kids from their grandmas house.
Hop on another freeway to get home (in bumper to bumper traffic).

Get home, wash hands, start dinner.

Log back onto work to catch up on all of the work that couldn't possibly get done in an 8 hour work day. Does the 8 hour work day even exist anymore?

Help with homework.

Eat dinner.

Sit on the couch wishing that I could stay home from work the next day. Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.

Work til who knows when and eventually go to sleep between 12 and 1:00 a.m.

Starts all over again in 5 hours.

Like a hamster on a treadmill, I'm running but not going anywhere :-(

And I'm tired.

What I just outlined is just a template of my day. It's rare that I get to actually come straight home from work. On Tuesday nights we have Bible Study. Thursday nights my daughter has choir rehearsal. And on the other days, there's just no tellin' what stop we'll have to make before heading home.

I'm not trying to complain (again, I get that many of today's unemployed would love to be in my shoes...I totally get it), I just feel sometimes that people "don't get me". Maybe if they understood a "day in my life" they'd understand me a little better.

Everyone has a limit. I think I've reached mine. I'm tired and really need to rest. No...I'm not talking a good night's sleep...I mean real rest, away from the stress and the demands of life. I just need a break. But a break is no where in sight.

Let the DIALOGUE begin! Are you as tired as I am? What's a typical day like in your life?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment