Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Does this stuff ONLY happen to ME???

Ok, so get this.

July 7th was a big day for me so I decided to buy a new dress to mark the event. The only requirement was that the dress be white.

Yeah, I had a white dress that I've worn for a few years, but this occasion warranted a new one. So, since I couldn't find anything in the stores, I decided to try "online shopping."

I found a dress online that was really really pretty. Perfect for the occasion. Looked great on the model. So I ordered it. My "egret white" dress was on its way. Egret what?!? I had to look up what "egret" was and it turns out that it's a bird...a WHITE bird, so I was good.

Well, that's what I thought til the darned thing showed up. This dress wasn't white or anything close to white. This dress was BEIGE! BEIGE!!!

So I return it to a local store and the store clerk looks right at it and says, "oh yeah honey...that's the color of egret white. It's an 'off' white." Well it wasn't "off" white on the model or I wouldn't have ordered it.

Anywhoo...I go online again and order another WHITE dress.

This one looked really pretty on the model so I was sure that it would work. Unfortunately, on the model was the ONL
Y place where it looked good.

I took it out of the package and it looked like a NIGHT GOWN! Something that Laura Ingalls from "Little House on the Prairie" would wear. It was HORRIBLE. I couldn't even "dress it up". So...it had to go back too.

Plan C was in effect. I ordered yet another dress. This one was WHITE and didn't look like a NIGHT GOWN. What could go wrong???

The dress arrived and it was perfect. Right color, right style. I was "good to go", or so I thought.

I got up, fixed my face, tried on some new lipstick (I never wear lipstick) and proceeded to get dressed. Can you guess what happened next???

I went to pull the dress over my head and felt it very quickly rub against my lip. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? In a split second...that's how quickly it happened. And that was all the time that it took to get RED lipstick on my pristine WHITE dress. Um...yeah...couldn't wear that ANYWHERE.

Urgh!

So, off to the closet I went to get the white dress that I've been wearing for years. Right color, right style, and lipstick free. It didn't matter to me that the dress wasn't NEW. I was just glad to have it.

Yeah...these are the kind of things that happen to ME.

Now, Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever had a situation that just seemed to go ALL wrong and eventually turned out okay?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment