Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Helpmate, Husband, Partner, Friend...FIND ME Already!!!

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


***

Although I can't quite put my finger on what has changed in me lately, I can certainly say that SOMETHING has changed. In the 9 days since my birthday...SOMETHING has changed.

Out of nowhere I have developed a fierce desire to realize and work toward my goals. My goal of beginning a non-profit literacy program, my goal of consistently posting here at The Dialogue Den, my goal of finding a way to operate in my passion as God has created me to do. I am FOCUSED!

With all this focus has come the realization that every day I run out of time. There simply aren't enough hours in a day for me to get done everything that needs to be done. I could certainly use an extra 9 hours. And I know exactly where those hours would come from. But for now, I don't have them...they belong to something else.

So, I'm tired.

Tired of having to do everything and not getting nearly enough done. I need help. Yeah, I have able bodied children who can and do help, but that's not the kind of help I'm talking about.

I need someone (who I will call a HUSBAND because that is truly what I want) who will walk beside me on this journey and pick up the things that are too heavy for me. No, I'm not talking "actual" things...I'm just talking about someone who can step in when I am THIS tired and lighten my load, mentally and physically.

Maybe it would be with loving words, or a loving touch, or just to hold me and tell me to be still. Being still is so foreign to me. I would love the chance to BE...I just don't know how. There's too much to do.

So as I've said before in a Facebook post, the older I get, the more I realize that life is not meant to be lived alone. Maybe it is for some, but most definitely NOT for ME. I meant that when I posted it and I mean it still. I will continue to mean it until I have someone to call my HUSBAND. Someone to walk with me and help me along this ever so tiring journey.

I don't doubt that my dreams will eventually come true, but it sure would be nice to have someone with me as I journey there, and have that same someone with me when I finally arrive.

So yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, "two are better than one."


That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Now, how's THAT for transparency? Some posts are fun, and some (like this one) dig right into the core of how I'm feeling. Hope you can handle that.

Let the DIALOGUE begin!: Are you traveling along life's journey alone? If so, is it by choice?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Well Dionne I know the right helpmate will come into your life! I have no doubt. Keep moving forward, enjoying your life, and doing what God has called you to do and he'll show up !

    Right now I'm journeying through life alone, by it's by choice. I just have not found a like
    minded person that have my desires and passion for the things that are near and dear to my heart. The men folk are always asking me out but no one has come
    close be being the missing piece to the puzzle. So until the right matching piece comes along..I'll be trotting down the road of life alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Kyra! I completely agree with you. Although I look forward to the day when whoever God has for me will FINALLY show up, one thing I won't do is settle for less than what my heart desires. I mean really, where's the point in that? Contrary to what some may think, it's not like I have a big ol' laundry list of qualifications but I do have a few MUSTS and MUST NOTS. Just a few. So yeah, as difficult and lonely as this journey gets at times, I will continue to patiently wait and work on being the best me I can be. Just in case it ends up being "me, myself and I" for the rest of my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete