Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Baby $tep$

When I created my 2015 Vision Board, I made a commitment to MYSELF that I would work diligently to make the dreams and goals on that board become REALITY. One of the many areas that need focus is the one concerning my financial situation. It's deplorable! I don't know exactly where I went wrong, I just know that I took a terribly wrong turn and it's NOW time to get back on the right track.

For months, heck...maybe even YEARS, I've been wanting to do something to "make things right". Of course, the longer I waited, the worse things got, and at some point I just stopped trying altogether. I froze. Now...here I am.

Don't count me out though. I'm still in the game. And since I'm still in the game, I can still get my "financial house" in order.

Yesterday, I attended the 1st of a 9 week class to help me figure out how to dig myself out of the mess I've made for myself. I wasn't really sure WHAT to expect, but I can say that I left feeling hopeful. I left with the realization that I don't have to "eat this elephant" all in ONE bite, but instead...one bite at a time. (Now I know I shouldn't have to say this, but I know how folks are, so here goes:NO...I am NOT referring to an ACTUAL elephant. I don't eat elephants. It's just a term.)

Although the road ahead is quite daunting, I know that it is a road that I MUST travel if I am ever going to be able to purchase a home, or car, or ANYTHING that requires "good credit".

Yet I fully understand that "financial freedom" will NEVER come until I put in the work.

So...here's to the next 9 weeks. I look forward to completing the course and having a feeling of "I can do this" vs. "How do I do this?"

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever experienced "financial ruin", and if so, how did you bounce back?


Talk to me!

Til next time...



3 comments:

  1. Financial Ruin is such a harsh term! LOL! I've been there, I am still still there, but I too plan to gain victory in this area of my life. Despite my messed up credit, Gad has shown me much grace and favor. After having to get rid of my SUV because of engine problems, my heart sank to my big toe. I just knew I'd never get financed for another car. My credit score was in the 400s...yes the 400s but it took 3 credit applications and 3 different dealerships until I got an approval. So my encouraging word of the day: despite our "Mess", He will really help us and provide!

    We bounce back a day at a time...baby steps as you say. Cause my situation is too big to try to tackle it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Kyra, "financial ruin" does sound harsh, but it's how I've been feeling lately with MY financial situation. Thankfully, YES...our God is bigger that any credit score and He IS able to open doors that would otherwise be shut.

      Delete
  2. Did I really just typo God with Gad? #proofreadB4Upost LOL!

    ReplyDelete