Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

WORDS Speak. ACTION Makes Them HEARD.

***My longest post to date. Don't say I didn't warn ya!***

In December of 2012 I sat down at my Judy's kitchen table, listening to Christmas music as she and I created our "2013 Vision Boards". This was the first time that I had ever made one and I loved the finished product. It was filled with Love, Health, Fitness, God, Wealth, the neighborhoods that I want to someday move into (Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, Windsor Hills), and a host of POSITIVE affirmations to get my 2013 flowing in the right direction. The board was FANTASTIC. The goals were inspiring. And over the course of the year, I NEVER looked at it. I think it stayed under my bed because I never bought a frame to put it in. Sad...I know. As I look back that board, the ONLY thing I achieved is that I "went Natural" with my hair. On March 1st of 2013, I walked myself into a barbershop, plopped myself in the chair and said, "Take it all off." My hair was cut down to about an eighth of an inch short (if even that long). Since then, this "Natural Hair Journey" has been quite an experience. It grew back very brittle and in July of 2014, I had it ALL cut off again, hoping that with better care, my hair would make a change for the better. I'm pleased to say that it has.

Ok...I digress (as usual). Back to the boards.

So...in December 2013, a group of my friends thought it would be fun for us to make our boards TOGETHER. So we met up and had a cutting-gluing good time. Again, I was pleased with my board and it appears that the running theme was LOVE. I have the word LOVE on my board FIVE times, along with additional phrases like, "LOVE will find you", "Ready for LOVE", "True LOVE", and "LOVEable". Health, Wealth, Joy, Family, Travel and lots of other inspiring stuff made the cut. With my 2014 Vision Board, I'd have to say that LOVE won. LOVE got me through more than I ever imagined I'd go through last year, and because LOVE was so kind to me, it continues to be the dominant force and desire in my board for 2015. I did travel to Atlanta and San Francisco in 2014, so we can check that off the list as well. Now...as fabulous as I found that board to be, would you like to take a guess as to where I kept it? *Insert Jeopardy theme song here*
I'll give you a hint...it was kept right alongside 2013's board.
Yep...under my bed. What a shame!

Now for THIS year.

LOVE made it on the board FIVE times again (would've been SIX but I gave one love to a friend who needed it), along with "LOVEable","Crazy, stupid LOVE", "I am so in LOVE!!!!!!!", "Get more of what you LOVE", and "You can never have too much LOVE". I think those all speak for themselves.

In addition to all of that LOVE, I'm gonna describe the other things on my board and their significance because I think that's important.

I'll start with the center (because the center is MOST important) and then move to the top.

***

God
Pretty self-explanatory, right? God is the center of my life. Without Him I am nothing. Without Him I can do nothing. I NEED Him in EVERYTHING I do. So right there in the center is where I've placed Him.

Now let's go from top to bottom, left to right.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This is one of my favorite verses of Scripture. Remind me that no matter WHAT I'm facing, God's plans for me are GOOD.

I am so in love!!!!!!!
It's just how I feel. I pray that the feeling will last FOREVER.

Ready, Set, Grow!
I know that there is so much more for me to accomplish, yet I feel "boxed in". And it feels awful. I am ready to break out of the box and move into what God has created me to do. I am so much bigger than the life I am currently living. I'm ready to grow into it.

LOVE.

"The way I see it, every year can be a brand new journey."
Yes indeed! New year, new journey. I'm packed. Let's go!

What's next?
Gotta admit, I'm really curious about this one. I feel that I'm on the edge of some great things happening. Looking forward to finding out what they are.

Psalm 34:1
"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."
You have NO idea how many times I recite this verse. It truly is my FAVORITE. It gets me through EVERYTHING. No matter how bad things get sometimes (even now as I am unable to pay my rent), I STILL bless Him. When my Mom left this earthly life 52 days ago, I STILL blessed Him. Why? BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT!!! Ooh wee, don't get me started.

time
I never have enough of it. Everyday I say that I need 8 more hours added to the end, because that's what it'll take for me to do all that needs to be done. I need more time. Yet since I know that 24 hours are all that any of us get each day, I realize that making better use of my time is what REALLY needs to happen. So...I shall work on that this year.

Patience
I want everything NOW. Life doesn't work that way though, and neither does God. So I will continue to "practice patience" (as a good friend once advised me) in 2015.

FOCUS
I am easily bored and distracted. As a result, I finish very little of what I start. My life is filled with loose pieces. Who can use those? Nobody. So I must begin to FINISH what I start. FOCUS and Finish.

Success
I just wanna know what it feels like. I know STRUGGLE all too well. I am ready for SUCCESS! Success with my writing. Success with my career. Success with marriage. Success with friendships. Success with Family. I want it!

Here We Go!
My seatbelt is fastened. I'm ready for the ride.

Family
My kiddos, Lauren, Jordan and Terence are my greatest BLESSINGS. They love the Lord, they love each other, they love their parents, family and friends. They're just all around good people and I am so very thankful to be their Mom. There's also my extended family, and those who aren't even related to my by blood, yet I call "family".

"It's essential to be doing something you really love."
This is MAJOR for me with regard to my career goals. What I love is working with children. What I love is meeting the needs of homeless youth. What I love is reading to children and as a result, watching them develop a love for reading that they didn't have before they met me. Still praying. Still searching for the door to open so that I can FINALLY step into my created PURPOSE.

Hey, I'm Here!
Most of the time I go unnoticed or ignored. Gotta admit, it hurts. And no...I'm not having a "pity party", I'm just stating my truth. In a room full of people, *I* am unseen. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm a pretty cool person and have a lot to add to most environments. I just want folks to "SEE" me, and acknowledge my presence more than what's been done in the past.

Finally,
I am so ready to say that word with regard to many areas of my life. So very many.

Save $
I'm tired of living "paycheck to paycheck", and quite honestly it's not even that. I need paycheck & a half to paycheck & and a half to really start seeing a dent in my situation. It's all jacked-up right now, yet nevertheless...I'm still blessed. Just have to be wiser with my money.

Feel Great
This is in regard to my health (I've gained a LOT of weight over the past two years), and just life in general. I don't always FEEL great, but I want to.

In The Right Direction
Seems that I've been moving backward and I am so ready to move FORWARD. Forward is the right direction.

Meal Plan
Weight Loss works when meals are planned. I've done it before so I know that it's true. I've gotta get back to planning if I expect this weight to come off.

Book Club
I enjoy reading yet many times after finishing a book I wish I had someone to discuss it with. Good news...some friends and I are in the process of getting a club up and running. Yay!

Take Steps
Literally AND Figuratively. I've gotta get movin'.

Reaching Financial Goals
As I said before, my finances are jacked up! I need to get them together if I ever expect to have/own anything. Tired of struggling.

Healthy
Need to eat right (80%) and workout (20%)

Choose Happiness
This is just me. I could look around and wallow in all that's gone wrong, but where is the joy in that? That has NEVER been me. In all things...I choose happiness. Life is just better that way

healthier & hotter
Yep. That's what I'm gonna be!

gotta have it
There's so much that I want. So much that I need. I'm not compromising this year.

Yes!
Just being POSITIVE this year.

Results
I'm tired of "saying" what I want and will do. This year I will have the results of what I say I want and will do.

Dream Come True
I have so many dreams/goals. I am believing that they will start coming true.

FREE
I hate living life by a clock and not having time be my own. Seriously, I hate it. So I'll be working toward a life that will allow me to be FREE to do with my time, what *I* want to do with it.

Something to Smile About
I want LOTS of things to smile about, and I want to give others things to smile about. It's all a "give and take."

Positive
Again...that's all that I have room for this year. Positivity.

Marriage
This is what I want. A life-long marriage with the man who wants the same...with ME.

Love

Music
I sing a song EVERYDAY. Music is like medicine for me.

on a Mission
That speaks for itself.

Healthier
Again...already covered this one.

Breakthrough!
I feel like I've been chiseling away at life and I'm ready for the wall to finally break so that I can go through.

Where There's A Will...
There is a Will so I will make a WAY.

Just The Beginning
Like I said, I am ready to live the life that God created for me. So very ready.

$
Money. I just don't have enough. Not trying to be greedy. I just don't have enough. Tired of struggling.

Get Ahead
I am always behind. Seems that I am never able to catch up and breathe. I need to get ahead.

Friendship Never Gets Old
I have friendships that are over 3 decades old, and some that are only months old. I need them all. Every friendship has value to me.

Vacation
I've never been on a REAL vacation. I want to know what it's like to go somewhere for a week (or longer), and just RELAX. Not worry about how much the vacation is costing me...but just RELAX.

Debt Free
I am in debt over my head and the crazy part is, I have NOTHING to show for it. Just a series of bad decisions that have gotten me into the financial mess I'm in. One debt at a time, I'll dig my way out.

"Make Your Voice Heard"
I have often said that I am "misunderstood" and that is the absolute truth. The majority of people just don't "get me". But if they would just STOP sometimes and LISTEN to what I have to say...maybe, just maybe...they'd understand me better.

Loveable
I AM LOVEABLE AND WORTHY OF BEING AND RECEIVING LOVE!!!

You can never have too much love
Some would say this about money, but I wholeheartedly believe this about love. I can never ever ever have too much!

FEARless
Fear has kept me from living. Fear of not being good enough. Fear of not being liked. Fear of not being wanted. That's gotta stop. Fear is winning and as a result, I am losing. That has GOT to STOP...NOW!

Renewed
I just want to start over and try again until I get it right.

beautiful
I am beautiful. Regardless of my weight...whether I get bigger than I am now, or smaller...I am ALWAYS beautiful.

Writing
Writing is air for me. When I don't write I feel as though I stop breathing. I have other friends who write and our styles are completely different. That's ok. Occasionally I find myself comparing my writing to theirs. That too will stop. I couldn't write like them if I tried. Our stories are unique...and that's the beauty of writing. The world has room (and a need) for all of our voices.

Workout
I've fallen off terribly. Haven't been to the gym in God knows how long. Haven't walked with my group since September. Haven't put in a workout DVD. And it shows. 33 pounds later...it shows.

More doing.
Talking has gotten me nowhere. Time to put my words into ACTION.

Buying A House
I want something to call My Own...with a backyard for my dog and garden, and a garage. A place where *I* can host a party instead of having to use someone else's home. Won't happen though until I get my finances in order (or win the Lotto).

Love

Invest
I want my money to start working for ME instead of me working for IT. So I will start investing. Small, but it'll be a start.

Inspired
I want to be inspired by others and I want others to be inspired by me.

Powered Up
How will I get powered up? By communicating DAILY with God. He is the source of EVERYTHING for me. But like a lamp on a table...until it is plugged into the wall, it has no power and can not serve it's purpose of giving light. It MUST be plugged in in order to have POWER. I must be plugged into God in order to serve MY purposes.

Blog
Today I am embarking on a new quest titled, "365 Posts in 365 Days". I WILL write EVERYDAY here at The Dialogue Den.

Passionate
I want a relationship that's passionate, and I want to be passionate in all that I do.

Crazy, Stupid Love.
I want this! Who doesn't?!?

Healthy & Happy
I want to be BOTH!

have it all!
I believe I can, and will. I just have to work harder at it than some, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I'm tired of living a mediocre life.

Ready
I am ready to make life happen!

Helpful
This is just who I am. I have the heart of a servant and whenever there is a need, I will fill it if possible. That's just me, and I love that about me.

Love

smile!
My smile lights up a room. You don't have to say it...I know that it does. :-)

Hey Gorgeous!
I simply can not hear those words enough!

Writing
Yes, I have it on the board twice. That's how important it is to me.

Passion Meets Purpose
Once I find a way for these two to come together, I will be UNSTOPPABLE!

Gratitude
I have so much to be thankful for. I just do.

Hope.
No matter how bad things may be at times, I ALWAYS have HOPE (because Christ has given it to me).

Change for the better.
I am not perfect, nor have I ever professed to be. I just want to continue becoming the best person I can possibly be.

READY
There it is again. Yes!

More saving.
Interestingly, I don't spend much. I don't have much to spend. But from what little I do have, I can put some away.

CONFIDENCE
I heard a friend say the other day that "the sexiest thing you can wear is CONFIDENCE." I wanna wear that EVERYDAY!

Faith
My faith in Christ is the glue that holds me together when all else falls apart.

Joy
Joy comes from within, and if handled properly, spills out so that others can see.

FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION
'Nuff said. Next!

STARTING A GREAT NEW JOB
Yes...I started a new job on October 27th, and Yes...I am still searching. It's just not a good fit. None of my previous jobs have been. I want a CAREER. One that matches my purpose. One that will positively change the lives of myself and others. Yes...I am still searching. Grateful, yet searching.

REJUVENATE
Most days I am just tired. I can wake up in the morning and be tired. My life needs major rejuvenation.

YOUR LIFE IS A STORY YOU HAVE LIVED TO TELL.
Not just mine, but YOURS too. I have chosen to tell mine here at The Dialogue Den and when go into further in my autobiography that I will soon write.

LET'S DO THIS.
Tired of talking about it. Time to DO it!

Live in the N.O.W.
I don't live in the past much, yet I do get ahead of myself at times. All that we really have is NOW, so I have to learn how to live in and appreciate "the NOW" better.

INSPIRING!
This is what I strive to be for all who know me.

$
Again...I need more MONEY!

Stay Strong
2014 tried to break me. Depression over my job. Disconnection in friendships. My Mom leaving this earthly life. It was a LOT. A WHOLE LOT. More than most folks can handle. Yet my faith kept me strong. Without my faith, I probably would not have been here today, because quite honestly, there were days when I didn't want to be here anymore. Oh, but thank God for my faith!

Eat Right
Again, successful weight loss is 80% of what I eat and 20% working out. I haven't done either. But I will.

Nature
The Beach is my FAVORITE place to be. My "place of peace". I could stand with my feet in the water ALL day and just let wave after wave crash over me. I also find beauty in snow-covered mountains, or squirrels like "Stanley". All in all, I am a "nature girl" at heart.

Radiant
This is what I want to be. Wherever I am I want to be radiant and bring light, love and joy to the place.

Financial Freedom
Tired of being in debt. Gotta get my financial house order. Right now, it looks like a shack.

LIVE LIFE
I am tired of just "existing". I want to start LIVING.

Hang In There
I heard that a LOT in 2014. Hopefully I won't need to hear it as much in 2015, but it's encouraging in case I do.

Feeling Good
Simple enough.

I Corinthians 13:4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Beautiful reminder.

LOVE

Get More of What You Love
There's a lot that I love. I simply want more of those things (and people).

With A Meaningful Mission.
This is how I want to live my life.

Mother
Because I love her and I miss her. I wanted to carry her into 2015 with me. My mother...Rebecca.

Save $
You already know.

Beautiful!
Because I am, and need to remind myself OFTEN.

"All we can do is authentically be ourselves."
That's all I know how to do. As I said earlier, a lot of folks don't "get me", but I can't let that change who I am. "Get me" or don't...this is ME, and I think I'm pretty cool with LOTS to offer this world and the people in if (if only they get to know me).

GETTING MARRIED.
I would LOVE to!!!

Water
I simply don't drink enough. Right now it's 2:00 p.m. Guess how much water I've had...ZERO. Haven't had a sip. Gotta do better. WILL do better!

REINVENT YOURSELF
I'm ready to turn the pages and write some new chapters in my book. The old hasn't worked, so it's time to try something new.

NEW ROADS
See comment above.

COLLEGE
I'm going back! Don't know where the money will come from, but I've gotta do it. Not having a degree is holding me back from so many things...namely, the career opportunity that I want. So, as one of my visions stated above, "Where there's a will..." I WILL find a way to go back to college.

Ecclesiastes 4:12
"Though one may be overpowered,two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Life was not meant to be lived alone.

***

So there you have it folks! My 2015 Vision Board. THIS one WILL be framed and hung!

Looking forward to sharing my accomplishments with you all on January 1, 2016.

Wishing you ALL the BEST in this New Year. May God bless us ALL!

Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's on YOUR Vision Board?

Talk to me!

Til next time...




















No comments:

Post a Comment