Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Approaching 2016

For the past two years I have gathered together with friends and have created my "Vision Board" for the upcoming year. Cutting out clippings from magazines of things that I had hoped to manifest in the coming year.

Last year's board was filled with LOVE. I had that word on my board more than anything else. I really wanted LOVE.

And I had it...for a good 11 months. Life was good. I had LOVE and I was happy.

Then things took a turn and...well...here I am, once again...loveLESS.

I'd say it's alright, but it's not. I really miss "Joe", but we were simply on two separate paths and he needed to take the one that lead him to himself. That road was narrow, and there wasn't enough room for both of us. He wasn't happy with where he was in his life, his accomplishments (or lack thereof) and he didn't feel that he could offer ME anything when there wasn't a whole lot that he could do for himself. For that, I can't even be angry. As much as it hurt, we had to let each other go.

Where he is now...who knows?

I last saw him about three weeks ago, and since then he hasn't returned calls or texts. Not that I've made many...and I won't make any more. Whenever, if ever he's ready to have me back in his life, he knows how to find me. And I believe that HE must find his way back to ME...not the other way around.

I still pray for him daily, asking God to bless him. That's all I can do at this point.

So yeah. LOVE was the highlight of last year's "vision board" and for the most part, I got what I wanted and enjoyed it while it lasted.

With 2016 fast approaching, I was gonna get together with my girlfriends again to work on the newest vision board. If I had MY way, it would be filled with pretty much the same as previous years: Love, Financial Security, A Blossoming Writing Career, Become Independently Wealthy, Great Health for myself and my children, Travel, and a host of other things.

But I got to thinking.

Maybe I need to take a different approach. Maybe, just maybe...THIS YEAR my vision simply needs to match whatever it is that God wills for me. Maybe, just maybe...I've been "envisioning" the WRONG things. Or maybe I had them in the WRONG order. Maybe, just maybe...I've been confused.

So for the year 2016, I only ask for ONE thing: WISDOM

If I were to create a "vision board" it would simply have that ONE word on it: WISDOM

I made a LOT of mistakes in 2015...I'm talking a PLETHORA. Had I exercised more WISDOM before doing some of -- correction -- MANY of the things I did this year, I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in now. But, I've learned, and with WISDOM, I won't make the same mistakes again.

So...my faithful mantra-prayer-motto-vision for 2016 will simply be the words of James 1:5-6

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."

I'm looking forward to a wisdom-filled year and pray that 2016's choices will lead me to where God intends for me to be and with what He intends for me to have. Not MY will Lord, but THY will be done.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: If you had to choose ONE word to live by in 2016, what would that word be?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflection Dionne. Often we have our "vision" and it doesn't line up with God's will for our lives. Desiring wisdom is a wonderful way to begin the new year.

    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonia. I'm so tired of MY way failing. I'm gonna give God's way a chance this time. Not sure exactly where that will lead, but it HAS to be better than where MY way has gotten me.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Joe. I know your pain. It is a hard pill to swallow when you find the love you have been searching for to just end and disappear. It hurts. But it made me open my eyes to the fact that I am so not prepared for all Love entails. So as MCM is away, I just ask God to help me be prepared to receive the one he really has for me. Well I think your vision board is excellent! When we can forsake our will and take on and move towards His will...I am sure his heart is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra. I miss "Joe" everyday, and all I can do is pray that he is well. If it be in God's will for him to find his way back to me, then he will. And if not, I've gotta keep moving forward. Perhaps Joe wasn't "the one", (as much as I really thought he was), and maybe God has "the one" somewhere out there. Who knows? Nevertheless, I can't sit here pining a way at a love that may never be. In the meantime I will simply continue to develop and nurture a love for MYSELF, because when it's all said and done...I will have to live with (and love) myself, for the rest of my life.

      Delete