Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hanging on by a very Thin Thread

So many things have happened to me in the past month. Yet more and more keep happening. Some things I've shared with others. Some, I've shared with none. Yet God has seen EVERYTHING that has happened and He (I believe) has been orchestrating ALL of it. I say that because many of the things that have happened have gone way beyond my comprehension. Things so unexpected.

Some things, I never THOUGHT would happen...did.

Others, I never WANTED to happen...they did too.

And people. People have been so very mean, nasty, and disrespectful. I'm talking, "going for the jugular" mean. And I'm not just talking ONE person. At this moment at least THREE come to mind. Like they really want to see me crumble to the ground. It's hurtful, and at the same time, it has my guard WAY UP. I don't profess to be a saint, and I am FAR from perfect. But I do my best to treat people right, and with RESPECT. If I know that you are hurting as a result of something I have done...I'm gonna fix it...because that's the RIGHT thing to do. What I will NEVER do is know that I have hurt you and let you keep hurting. That's just WRONG. I'm not made that way. I'm just not.

Then there's this other thing...this thing that's been nagging at me. Someone very close to me has a secret. A secret that would break me if I knew about it. I'm pretty sure that I know what it is, but I will wait for God to reveal it, and will deal with it at that time. It's been said, "That which does not kill me only makes me stronger." But this secret that I'm waiting to be revealed, will come pretty darned close. I can't worry about it though. God knows ALL. He knows the things that I have done to hurt others, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and he knows what these individuals have done to hurt ME...in a MAJOR way. They are probably laughing about it, but He knows, and my spirit knows too.

In spite of everything, I have (and will) continue to pray. I also know that I have folks praying on my behalf, in the name of Jesus. I know that God is hearing those prayers, (although I'm not sure if mine are going any higher than the ceiling) and though things appear to be getting worse, I know that I'm not going through them alone.

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
Psalm 23:4


That's about all I can write about tonight. My head is cloudy which means I need to go spend even more time with God.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever encountered people who were just mean to you for no reason?

Talk to me!

Til next time...




4 comments:

  1. Praying for you hun, God has you, stay strong. The Lord always gives the hardest tests to his toughest soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Yes, I keep telling myself that "this too shall pass." I just have to hang on long enough to let it. )))HUGS(((

      Delete
  2. aww little D. I can feel your hurt in those words. I know down inside of you is a heart of love and compassion and I know you will forgive so that you can be healed and be able to move on. People do things for reasons we'll never know and whether they acknowledge the wrong I pray that you can forgive and release it and continue to be the kind loving person that you are! I've walked the path of holding on to hurts for years, so let me try to keep you off that path. really nothing good came from it. I just became ugly, nasty, angry and bitter. Everything that is opposite of your natural God given personality. So please don't take not one step on the path!

    All may be falling and crumbling before you and it's very painful and very uncomfortable. but I know after all shaking and the rearranging comes a restoring and rebuilding. and I'll leave you with 2 cor 4:17. I'm on my phone so I don't want to type it up, but I know you'll look it up if you already don't know it. It's okay to feel weak...at our lowest Broken moments is when He steps in to perform works that we'd never imagine or expect! Love u much! until next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra for those strong words of encouragement. Yes, I know 2 Cor 4:17 well, and it's an EXCELLENT reminder that none of this is forever, and that in the end it's all about achieving our eternal glory. No matter how disrespectful, mean, nasty, and vicious some folks have been to me, I WILL not...CAN not allow their behaviors to change mine. Even when I try to match their behaviors, the Holy Spirit quickly convicts me and reminds me that that behavior does not reflect Christ...so don't even think about it. I have forgiven (even the one who simply needs to apologize and then we can get back to where we were), but I will not be a doormat, and I will not reach out AGAIN. I've reached out once and if that person doesn't feel that I'm worth reach back for, then there's nothing more for me to do. No matter what happens, it is well with my soul. Looking forward to next week! :-)

      Delete