Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

And Breathe...

When life gets too heavy (as mine has become lately), sometimes we must step away from all that's weighing us down and simply take a moment to breathe.
With all that has taken place in my life recently, there's only ONE thing that I desperately want. ONE thing that will change my life completely. ONE thing that will lessen the importance of everything else. That ONE thing I will continue to take to God in prayer, faithfully believing that He will answer...in His time.

Until then, for tonight, I will write about the only things I have the emotional and mental energy to handle right now: Flowers and Butterflies. That's it. I can't handle, or write about ANYTHING heavier than those two things.

How 'bout we start with flowers? So many to choose from. Although I love orchids, my FAVORITE flower is a SNAPDRAGON.

My love for snapdragons began as a young girl during my summer visits to Ohio. I loved sticking my finger in the flower's "mouth" and letting it chomp down. I could do that for hours and never get bored. Seems like there were snapdragons EVERYWHERE in Ohio. I rarely see them here in California, but when I do...yes...I squeeze the sides, and in goes my finger. The little girl in me will NEVER stop doing that.

And butterflies.

I really don't have a favorite, although the one pictured here in the post could very well become my favorite, seeing that it's blue and brown...my FAVORITE color combination.

But more than the coloring of butterflies, I am absolutely FASCINATED by how they come to be. From eggs, to caterpillars, to pupa in a chrysalis. Then metamorphosis, and voila...a brilliantly beautiful BUTTERFLY.

Just another one of those things that make me declare, "Our God is AWESOME!" Only He, can create life that way. Creator of ALL.

Anyhoo...as I've done before, and I will ask again...for those who pray in the name of Jesus...please say a prayer for me. I won't go into specifics, but God, being omniscient as He is, already knows. And I thank you in advance.

Now...Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's YOUR favorite flower?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. Cala Lillies! and Ya know I'm covering you in prayer! holla if Ya need me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Google what those look like. Yes...they are BEAUTIFUL. And thank you for the prayers. Seems that the more prayers that said on my behalf, the more prayers I need.

      Delete
  2. Always praying for you my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonia. As I just said to Kyra in the previous reply, seems that the more prayers that are said on my behalf, the more prayers I need.

      Delete