Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Anywhere But HERE!

Life's gotten pretty heavy (again) lately, and I have found myself on a number of occasions wondering what it would be like to get in my car and just drive away...leaving everything behind.

I want to start over.

I need to start over.

But where would I go?

I have no idea.

Maybe my issue isn't so much that I want to GO anywhere, but moreso that I want to LEAVE some places.

Ok...who am I foolin'? The place that I want to leave is my JOB. Yes...I've only been there a year, but I have that prickling in my spirit that's letting me know that "this ain't it."

From this side of the keyboard I can already hear folks SCREAMING, "Gurrrl...don't you leave that job that you have now! Don't you do it!!"

Yep...I know that's what folks will say. Which leaves me to wonder who I'm really staying there for. I'm NOT happy, and every day that I go in, I fall deeper and deeper into what I know is depression. Yes, I know that's what this is because I've experienced it before. I am absolutely NO stranger to depression.

I'm also stressed, and it's manifesting itself in physical form.

A few years ago my stress manifested itself in the form of alopecia areata. Yep...I developed FIVE quarter-sized BALD spots on my head. Crazy, right?

Well...the stress is back, and this time it has manifested itself in the form of an ugly growing rash on my neck, just under my chin. Have you ever noticed how thin the neck skin is under your chin? Feel it. It's super-thin...which makes it extremely uncomfortable when it's irritated in any way.

Two weeks ago I was on vacation, "footloose and fancy free"...absolutely enjoying life.

I returned to work and the stress was piled on immediately. Like I didn't even get a chance to breathe or re-acclimate myself to the chaos. THIS week has been even worse.

Sadly, even when I try to tell myself to stay calm and NOT stress...my BODY knows better and so...see the pic.

Bottom line is this...I need to get out! I need to get into the career that matches my passion. I need to get into an organization that HELPS others.

I no longer want to be trapped in a cubicle, pushing product that makes others wealthy.

And for me, wealth isn't even the primary motivator. For me, HELPING OTHERS is what matters most.

If I can change the life of a young person for the better...then THAT would mean more to me that ANY money in the bank.

I've gotta figure out how to get there. The tough part is that I've never done that kind of work before. I've always done "cubicle work." But there HAS to be a way in...there just HAS to be. And I am determined to get there, or die trying. After all...what's it gonna hurt? I already feel like I'm dying a little bit each day in my current position. So there's really nothing to lose.

So...how 'bout we Let the DIALOGUE begin: Anybody have any suggestions for what I can put on this rash. It itches and burns. Ouch!

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment