Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello!

I may be by myself in this one but, I am a firm believer that an email beats a text message, and a phone call beats a text, and face-to-face conversations beat EVERYTHING.

In this age of technology it seems that face-to-face conversations and phone calls are quickly becoming things of the past.

You see, face-to-face and voice conversations reflect ones TRUE emotions, and these days, no one wants to show their true selves anymore. So instead, they opt for the "power" behind the keyboard. I think that's lame!

Although I admit that I will write a letter quick, fast, & in a hurry...but that's because my experience has been that people don't HEAR me, nor take the TIME to HEAR me when I am actually SPEAKING to them. My experience has been that people tend to be so defensive that, instead of HEARING what I have to say...they are mentally formulating their argumentative comeback...so my words end up being LOST completely. I have had this happen waaay too many times in my life, and for that reason...I write letters which is the ONLY way that I can get my thoughts out completely, and uninterrupted. THEN...the person can respond, either by calling or writing back. But at least I've been HEARD.

Anyhoo...I said that to say this.

Within the past week I have received two very special phone calls from two very special men. I'm not romantically involved with either of them, they're actually both in relationships with women that appear to be making them happy...and that makes me happy. They are simply really good friends and I am so blessed to have them in my life.

Interestingly, one shares my faith, so he's always filled with encouragement...spiritually and otherwise, which I always appreciate.

The other can't quite get with all of the "restrictions" that seem to come with Christianity, so although we don't share the same faith completely, he fully respects that I believe what I believe.

So...they both called...one last Tuesday (the day after my birthday), and the other yesterday. Both asked how I was...not in the customary, "How are you doing?" way, but in the genuine, "How are you doing...really?" way. To one, I told the truth. To the other, I chose to change the subject. He pried for a bit because he realized what I was doing, and then he said, "Ok. If you don't wanna tell me what's going on, I'll stop asking." He knows me well enough to know that when I'm ready, I'll talk, but until then...well.

Either way...it was sooo refreshing to speak to them. In my conversations I got what I so greatly crave and desire pretty much daily...MALE COMPANIONSHIP. I mean, even though they weren't physically present...for those brief moments in time with each of them, I had a man's ear, and a man had mine.

Now I have tons of "sister-friends" who I can call anytime, and if I can't get 'em on the phone I have other ways to reach them. So, female companionship, shoulders to lean on, listening ears...YES...I have that in them and I am grateful.

Yet there's just a different dynamic when the conversation is with a man. That's what I miss...that male/female dynamic.

So anyway...as I always say...it doesn't take much to make this girl happy. Something as simple as a phone call from two of my very special male friends has put a smile on my face for however long it'll last.

Sister-friends are GREAT...yet EVERY woman needs A FEW GOOD MEN in her life to make her feel just a little extra special. I'm still praying for that one GREAT man, whom God will send to me in the form of my HUSBAND (whoever, and wherever he may be), and in the meantime I will thank Him for the good male friends who are here already. I truly thank Him for them.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: To all the LADIES out there...do you have any male friends (not relatives) who you are close to and confide in, but are not romantically involved with?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment