Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Prescription is TIME

As I sit in front of this keyboard today, I am trying to find exactly the right word to convey my present state. The first word that comes to mind is FRUSTRATED.

For the past month and some change, I have been diligently seeking employment. Meaningful employment.

At the advice of my doctors, I have had to step away from my current position because (as they both agreed), it was "killing me". I had become someone I no longer recognized. Perhaps not so much in physical appearance (although I did gain 26 pounds in the period of ONE year), but more-so in my emotional and mental state.

Although I would go into the office each day, "put on a happy face" and "dial for dollars" which is my job function...with every call I made I felt that I died just a little bit inside. I was a square peg being forced into a round hole. We all know that it will NEVER fit.

I did it for as long as I could until I simply couldn't do it any longer. I was breaking. No. I was broken, and no good to anyone, especially myself.

So I've been away and have been searching for new employment DAILY. Although my primary focus has been toward companies that offer social services to folks in need...I have also applied for Customer Service and Account Management positions. ALL of which I am extremely qualified. Anything but cold-calling/telemarketing...anything but that.

Some people may say, "Oh, just take some medication and that'll make you feel better and give you a different outlook on the situation." My response to that is this: I don't need any mind-altering drugs to help me cope with my situation. The prescription for this situation is TIME. Time away.

So while I've been away I've been searching, and searching, and searching...

Last week I spoke with a friend who basically told me that I need to "suck it up and go back to work". I know that from the outside looking in that sounds like a simple thing to do. But from the inside out, I know that if I go back, nothing will have changed, and I could possibly end up worse than when I left. This is the main reason why so very few people actually know what I'm going through. And I mean VERY few...like maybe ONE person...MAYBE. Like I've said before...unlike other folks who share practically every waking moment and experience with the world...that's just not my thing. The world has its own problems, so why add mine? As we see from the experience that I mentioned above...when I DO open up and share, those are the responses that I get. As if I weren't feeling bad enough...that surely didn't help.

Unfortunately though, I'm getting to the point where I am going to HAVE to ask for help. This is becoming overwhelming and I NEED to get back to work. I WANT to get back to work. Contrary to what some may believe...this has NOT been a vacation. It has been FAR FROM a vacation. On vacation, one is not trying to figure out the next career move. On vacation, one pretty much spends freely, not being concerned with how the rent will be paid in 4 days. On vacation, one gets rest. No folks...this is FAR FROM a vacation. Truth be told...I have NEVER EVER been on a vacation...EVER!

So...although I often feel that I am simply writing for the walls and that nobody is actually reading my blog (most certainly no one ever COMMENTS), I am going to take a bit of a leap and post my skills here. Then I will pray that the right person will happen upon it and either say, "I've been looking for someone like this" OR, "I know someone who's looking for someone like this." In a nutshell...I NEED HELP!!!

CONTRIBUTION STATEMENT
I am a creative thinking solutions provider who thrives on serving the needs of others. My positive demeanor boosts morale in any environment. With several years of successful professional experience, along with my desire to make a positively impactful contribution to my employer and its clientele, I will be a superb addition to your organization.


SKILLS
• Several years of experience in customer service/sales roles
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding telephone skills and the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work setting
• Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change
• Friendly attitude and able to quickly develop
rapport with internal and external customers
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and internet savvy


Times like this are when a HUG sure would help. A hug from someone (preferably a HUSBAND) who would just hold me and say that everything is going to be okay. There is so much healing in a hug and I can't remember the last time I had one. So for now, I will continue to be strong, hold back the tears that I so greatly wish to shed, and will press forward...as I always do.

In spite of my frustration, I continue to hold on to God's Word and His promises. I know that He will come through for me in His own time. It would just be nice if His time matched mine. But that's not how faith works. God is not on MY schedule...I am on His. As difficult as this is for me, I know that NOTHING is too hard for God. In that, I find comfort, hope and peace.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you know anyone in the Los Angeles area who's hiring IMMEDIATELY? If so, please pass on a good word for me...PLEASE, and THANK YOU.

I'm interested in the following:
Account Manager
Customer Service
Sales Support Representative
Inside Sales Rep
(NO Cold Calling!)
Member Support Representative
Writer
Personal Assistant


Talk to me (PLEASE talk to me)!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment