Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Blow the Whistle!

I love my job.
I love my job.
I love my job.

This is what I tell myself everyday. Perhaps if I say it enough times eventually it will be true.

As it is right now, I am thankful for my job. It pretty much ends there.

I work for a good company, and I work hard.

From the minute I walk in, til the minute I leave for the day, I am GLUED to my chair. The phone rings constantly, the emails come in continuously, and between the phone and emails, there are a slew of other things to be done. Getting all of that completed in a "normal" work day is a task in itself. Oh...but factor in covering someone else's desk while they are out, in addition to maintaining my own, and well...you can figure out the rest.

Yet and still...I am thankful.

One thing I've been thinking a lot about lately though is how many "good jobs" I've had in the past. And even though none were "perfect", there are things that I can take from each that would ultimately make up "the perfect job"...at least from a "corporate" standpoint. My absolute ideal job has nothing to do with the corporate sector at all.

Today I couldn't stop thinking about my previous position at Epson. I worked with a FANTASTIC group of people. The company was GREAT. My position within the company however...not so great. A telemarketer I am not, and a telemarketer I will never be. Telemarketing was what I did during my stay there at Epson, and everyday was like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

One thing that I really enjoyed there though, was that at 4:00 everyday...and not a minute later, I was OUT. And the company was ok with that. They actually preferred that we leave "on time". There was no need for overtime. It was quite easy to get everything done that needed doing within an 8 hour period of time. And that's exactly what I did.

At my current job, things are much different. We work an 8 hour 30 minute day with a 45 minute lunch. Most days I am there for much longer that 8 hours and 15 mins and often feel bad on the days when I actually do leave on time. Like I'm a "slacker" or something. I'm definitely not a "slacker" yet I also know better than to stress myself out to the point of hair loss again (yes, I've lost my hair before due to stress at a job).

So...that's pretty much how my workday goes. How 'bout yours?

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you work much overtime at your job or are you O-U-T when the whistle blows?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. I do work lots of Overtime during the business season...which i have two. Tax Season, which for me is Jan thru April. And then June & July - fiscal year end.

    ReplyDelete