Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Well Wha'da'ya Know?!?

Isn't funny how you can hear something, or read something, or watch something and develop your own thoughts about it. Then you speak with someone about the same thing and come away with a completely different perspective.

That happened to me today.

My masseuse and I somehow got into a discussion about our "Gemini men".

At one point she had me nervous because she was describing my "Joe" to a tee. Finally, she told me her guy's birthday and I think she even let his name slip a time or two and I was able to exhale.

One of the things that both our guys have in common is the way that they are like light switches...almost "Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde-ish". The moods switch on and off IN AN INSTANT. Although Joe and I have been friends for 13 years, it's only been over this past 13 months that I've discovered how to handle him and the mood switches. Now that I know how he operates, and how I should react, things have been sooo much easier...and better.

As she and I continued the discussion, she says, "You know, there's a song about a woman who's in love with a man and he's like two people in one body. It's old skool."

I said, "Do you mean that 'Two Lovers' song?"

"YES! That's the one!!"

Wow, I've heard that song so many times and never realized that the "two lovers" are the same person. Now that I've read the lyrics, it makes TOTAL sense, and it most definitely describes me & Joe.

Here they are in case you're curious:

Mary Wells - Two Lovers

"Well, I've got two lovers and I ain't ashamed
Two lovers and I love them both the same

Let me tell you 'bout my first lover
He's sweet and kind and he's mine all mine
He treats me good like a lover should
And makes me love him
I really, really love him, oh I love him so
And I'll do everything I can to let him know

But I've got two lovers and I ain't ashamed
Two lovers and I love them both the same

Let me tell you 'bout my other lover
Well, you know, he treats me bad, makes me sad
Makes me cry but still I can't deny
That I love him, I really, really love him, oh I love him so
And I'll do everything I can to let him know

Darlin', well, don't you know I can tell
Whenever I look at you that you think that I'm untrue?
'Cause I say that I love two but I really, really do
'Cause you're a split personality
And in reality, both of them are you, baby

Well, I've got two lovers and I ain't ashamed
Two lovers and I love them both the same
Two lovers and I ain't ashamed"



How 'bout that!?!

Now, Let the DIALOGUE begin: Have you ever heard a song that you thought meant one thing, only to later discover that it meant something completely different?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I didn't know that about the song! I have no songs I can think of, but this reminds of that Scene in Meet hte Parents, when Ben Stiller's character mentions to Robert DeNiro's character what Puff the Magic Dragon meant! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See there Kyra! I told you she was chatty, but I guess it was a good thing 'cause I learned something new. :-)
    I have horrible movie recall so I'll have to look that scene up. I'm sure it was hilarious...that whole movie was!

    ReplyDelete