Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, September 18, 2015

It's Me, it's Me, it's Me O' Lord...

One of the most difficult things for me to do is watch someone I love come apart at the seams...and not be able to help.

I have a friend who's struggling...big time. And I can tell that things are becoming overwhelming. I have provided as much help as my friend will take, and have offered more, but to no avail.

My friend doesn't know how to ask for or receive help. Maybe it's a pride thing. Who knows? All I know is that I am watching my friend fall apart little by little and as much as I try to be encouraging, supportive, and simply PRESENT...I can see that my friend is shutting down...and that troubles me...a LOT.

This evening while I was at my friend's house, I offered as many suggestions as I could...only to have each one rebutted with why my suggestions wouldn't work.

Finally, after a few hours, I bid my friend a good evening and left. Perhaps in the solitude my friend will come up with some ideas of how to turn things around...or maybe even give my suggestions a 2nd thought.

In all of this, I find myself angry. Angry at my friend's family for putting so much on him/her. It's just not right. They have him/her doing far more than one person should have to, or is capable of...yet I seem to be the only one who sees it.

I want so badly to just call up some of my friend's relatives (I know at least 3) and tell them how much their lack of support and assistance is wearing down on my friend.

Unfortunately, I know that doing such a thing will only result in them asking me who I think I am...and telling me that none of this is any of my business.

Well..my friend IS my business, and I hate seeing what's happening.

Just seems like everyone, except for my friend, is being utterly and completely SELFISH. And if you all know ANYTHING about me, you know how much I despise SELFISHNESS. I mean I absolutely DETEST it.

As for my friend...I just don't know what to do. I've been praying, but it doesn't seem as though my prayers are going any higher than the ceiling. So this is where YOU come in. I need as many "Bible believing-believers in Christ" to say a prayer for my friend. He/she needs them right now, more than you can imagine. I am trusting that even if God is not hearing ME...He WILL hear some of you.

No need to tell you my friend's name...God already knows. Just go to God in your own way and say whatever it is that you would say that may help him/her. On behalf of my friend...I thank you in advance.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: How often do you pray for others...especially people you don't even know?

Talk to me (actually...talk to God first, THEN talk to me)!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment