Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Aisle, Middle or Window?

In the very near future I will be going on a much needed and long overdue VACATION. It won't be a long one, but it'll be one that involves air travel and some overnight hotel stays. Lots of other stuff too, but I'll mention that when I arrive at my destination.

Anywhoo...I booked the flight last month and a few days after that booked my hotel. Cool! I was set.

This morning, I woke up and thought, "Hmmm...I wonder when I'll get my seat number for the plane?" Surely I should have had that by now.
So I go online, check my flight info, and guess what...I DIDN'T HAVE A SEAT!

Being the infrequent traveler that I am, I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about choosing seats.

Well, you can probably guess what that meant.

It meant that (A) I needed to choose seats PRONTO -- (B) there were VERY FEW seats left, and (C) for the seats that were left, I actually had to PAY.

Yes...I'd waited so late that all of the "Economy" seats were taken. I am now the proud owner of some "not-so-economy" seats.

Good thing this trip is already budgeted for, so extra "unexpected" expenses like these, won't put much of a wrinkle in my plans, but MAN...I would've LOVED to spend that money on something where I'm vacationing, versus on something that I've overlooked in order to get me there.

As I've always said, "I learn my lessons the hard way" and in this case, the lesson cost me financially.

One thing that I've been practicing lately (perhaps my Gratitude Jar has something to do with this), is to not dwell on the negative. Yeah, it sucked that I had to shell out extra cash just to have a seat on the plane, but the positive side of things is that (A) I remembered NOW, versus arriving at the airport and discovering that I had no seat, and (B) I had the money to pay the extra charge. So all in all, the positive STILL outweighed the negative.

Sooo...I'm in MAJOR countdown mode and these next few days can't go by fast enough.

I'm excited and I am going to make the most out of every single solitary second...from the time the airport shuttle picks me up, til the time those wheels touch down again on LAX ground. Every moment I shall savor. Totally. Utterly. COMPLETELY.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: Do you have a PASSPORT? If not, you may want to check out some of the new travel requirements. Not just international, but DOMESTIC as well.

Talk to me!

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I have no passport: I plan to get one this year but I have to start with getting an original copy of my birth certificate. :( Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Definitely get one. The travel rules have changed a bit due to something call The Real ID Act. Hope you're able to get a copy of your BC soon. Here's the link to the FAQs:
    http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

    ReplyDelete