Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Me, Myself and I (again)

So I just got home from a lovely dinner and movie -- the makings of what most folks would call "Date Night." The only difference is that I was my own date.

Yep. Gone are the days of me sitting home alone wishing I were out doing something else. Quite honestly, those days left long ago, like back when my kids were old enough to stay home alone.

So much of life gets wasted by folks who wait for someone to come along before they will do the things they enjoy. As if it's taboo to do things alone in public.

As nice as companionship is, not all of us have it. Heck, even when "Joe" was around, I still didn't have it fully because he wasn't a movie kinda guy, at least not in theaters. So if I wanted to see a movie, I'd either go alone or with my girlfriends.

So this evening I headed to the theater (thanks to discount tickets from my job), and I was HUNGRY.

Instead of buying a "snack pack" that probably would've run me around ten dollars, I decided to stop in one of the eateries near the theatre and was able to enjoy a nice MEAL for a little under eight bucks. Not too shabby.

Yeah, it would be nice having "Date Night" with a love interest, but that may not ever happen for me, so I've gotta live NOW and enjoy life NOW, even if I am enjoying it alone.

As for the movie -- it was okay. I could've waited for it to hit video, but overall, the evening was nice.

One good thing about doing things alone is that I know what I like, and I'm never disappointed. That's a pretty good deal if ya ask me, and I will be perfectly content with life as it is until God so chooses (if He chooses...I sure hope He chooses) to send love my way.

Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time you treated yourself to a date? Have you EVER taken yourself on a date?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

7 comments:

  1. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Although I enjoy the company of others, I appreciate my 'me' time unapologetically. Like you said I know what I like. I don't have to make provisions for others desires and time. I use my 'me' time to fall in love with myself which I think is the best way to each others to love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vyry! Thank you for reading AND commenting!! That means a LOT to me!!! You're in good company when it comes to doing things alone, and enjoying them. Your statement reminds me of one I've heard often, "You have to love YOURSELF first in order for others to love you." Well...I love me some me, so I will definitely be ready for whoever God chooses to send my way.

      Delete
  2. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Although I enjoy the company of others, I appreciate my 'me' time unapologetically. Like you said I know what I like. I don't have to make provisions for others desires and time. I use my 'me' time to fall in love with myself which I think is the best way to each others to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment page is giving me a hard time today. So let's try this again. I've never really labelled them as date nights, but I do go out to eat and do a whole lot of things on my own. People come and go in life but the person I have to deal with always is myself, so I think its good that we can enjoy being alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you Kyra, I also do a lot of things alone (like the vacation that's coming up soon), but for some reason, when I do those things on a Friday night, it just feels like "date night" to me. Maybe because I tend to be surrounded by couples who are most certainly out on dates. Either way, I have adjusted and like you said, " the person I have to deal with always is myself, so I think its good that we can enjoy being alone." If you ask me, WE are pretty cool folks to hang out with. :-)

      Delete
  4. Im alone a lot! But NEVER felt lonely. Always content and satisfied with me. Yay us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello to you too Math Or Blog! Thank you for reading AND commenting!! That means a LOT to me!!! I don't feel as lonely as I used to when I starting doing things alone, although *every now and then* a wee bit of loneliness creeps in. If I had MY way I would definitely be doing things WITH someone versus by myself. But I have learned to make the most of this life and enjoy EVERY MOMENT that I am given, so if some, many, most of those moments are spent alone -- so shall it be. I am happy to hear that you are content and satisfied. Yay us indeed! :-)

      Delete