Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

EVERYTHING Matters to God

Lately I've been kinda sad.

Sad about about a number of things.

Sad about the financial crunch that I'm in right now. Not understanding how a person who works everyday doesn't even make it from paycheck to paycheck. I make it from paycheck, to a week before the next paycheck, and my savings account carries me through that last week. Yes, I'm thankful for the savings account, but it hurts to watch it depleting, just so I can "live."

Sad at times because I miss my Mom. No, our relationship was not the best, but that doesn't negate the fact that she was my Mom, nor does it negate the fact that I love and miss her.

Sad over the fact that my Dad is really ready to finally get home after MONTHS of being in hospitals and rehab facilities, yet he's still at least 3 weeks away from being released.

Sad about my friend who I said I wouldn't write about anymore, yet the longer that time passes and she doesn't reach out to reconcile our relationship, the more I realize that our friendship didn't mean all that I thought it did to her. And for those who are coming in on the tail end, saying, "Well if it means that much to you then why don't YOU reach out?" I did. Three times. And for an offense that was not my own doing, I think that three times are sufficient.

And then of course, there's "Joe."

As I mentioned in earlier posts, he'd gone to Houston the Wednesday before last and I hadn't heard from him since. Had no idea if he'd gone for good and just didn't have the heart to tell me, or what? I hated not knowing.

So yeah...my heart was feeling a bit heavy.

Friday night, before I went to sleep, I changed the wallpaper on my phone. I changed it to the picture that's here in this post. It's a depiction of Psalm 56:8 which states:

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."

That gave me comfort. Knowing that every tear I have cried -- God has bottled, because they mean something to Him.

So I changed my phone wallpaper and went to sleep.

Woke up yesterday morning, started on my weekend chores, and in the middle of all that, God made it very clear to me that He has heard my prayer, AND...He answered, at least one.

That was all I needed.

That was enough to assure me that my prayers are not in vain. God is hearing, and He is answering them in the time that He sees fit. Sometimes He makes me feel as though I am about to hit rock bottom, yet He never lets me get that low. I may get a foot away from the bottom, but He never lets me hit it. This is what I need to remember, because trials, heartaches, and sorrows will continue to come. But as long as I know that God is going to catching me...not matter how long or far down the fall seems, I will be okay.

Now Let the DIALOGUE begin: When was the last time God answered one of YOUR prayers?

Talk to me!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment