Labels

"30 Days of THANKFULNESS" (30) "365 Posts in 365 Days" (164) "Joe" (36) "Season of VISITATION" (15) 2014 (1) 2015 (2) 2016 (1) 2016 Olymics (1) 21 Day Writing Challenge (21) 2nd Chance Scratchers (1) 366 in '16 (170) 367 in '17 (38) 4th of July (1) 642 (12) Accidents (1) Activism (1) Acupuncture (2) Addiction (1) Airports (2) Apartment Living (1) Appreciation (1) ASL (1) Awareness (1) Barack Obama (1) Bathroom Stalls (1) Beauty (1) Bereavement (1) Bible (4) Bible Study (1) BIRTHDAVERSARY (3) Birthday (13) Black Culture (4) Black Males (1) Blessing Bags (2) Blessing Boxes (1) Blessings (19) Blood Donation (1) Boldness (1) Book Club (4) Books (7) Braids (1) Braille (1) Breakfast (1) Burial (1) Bus Stops (1) Candles (1) Cards and Letters (2) Careers (31) Cars (7) Change (11) Character (2) Children (7) Chivalry (1) choices (5) Christmas (3) Church (8) Class Reunion (1) College (2) Comedy (1) Commitment (2) Communication (2) Confused (2) Consistency (2) Courage (1) Creation (1) Daily Bible Reading (4) Death (7) Depression (2) determination (2) Dialogue (1) Dilemma (2) Disappointment (2) Diversity (3) Dogs (3) Donor (1) Door Hooks (1) Dreams (6) eBay (1) Email (1) Employment (2) Envy (1) Equality (2) Eulogy (1) Exercise (1) EYESIGHT (10) Facebook (21) Faith (35) Family (2) Fashion (3) Favorite Things (2) Fearless (5) Feeling (1) Finances (4) Fishing (1) Fitbit (1) Fitness (5) Flowers (1) Focus (1) Food (8) Football (3) Forgiveness (3) Fried Fish (1) friendship (29) Fun (1) Girl Scout Cookies (1) Goals (8) God (16) Graduation (1) Grandparents (7) Gratitude (8) Gratitude Jar (1) Grief (1) Groupon (1) Growth (1) Habits (1) Hair (12) Heaven (6) Help Needed (4) Heroes (1) Holidays (3) Homegoing (4) Hope (14) Hospitality (1) Human Nature (2) Hygiene (1) Ice Cream (1) In Transition (1) Individuality (7) Inspiration (1) Insurance (2) Internet (3) Joy (2) July (1) Jury Duty (1) Karaoke (1) Kindness (2) L.A. Metro (1) L.B. Transit (1) Laundry (1) Laundry-Rooms (1) Learning (1) Legacy (1) Library Cards (1) Life (43) Literacy (1) Little Things (1) Living (4) Loneliness (1) Los Angeles Sparks (1) Lotto (4) LOVE (37) Marriage (1) Massage (1) Me (3) Memories (3) Men (3) Misunderstood (2) Mom (33) Monday (1) Money (17) Monologue (1) Mother (29) Mother's Day (1) Motivational (1) Mourning (1) Music (16) My Place of Peace (2) Names (2) Narcissism (1) Networking (1) New Orleans (2) New Year's Eve (3) News (1) November (1) One Year Bible (3) Online Dating (1) Opportunities (1) Orchids (1) Pain (6) Pajamas (1) Parenting (4) Patience (1) Peace (3) Persimmons (1) Persistence (8) Pet Peeves (3) Pets (1) Phones (1) Pittsburgh Steelers (2) Pizza (1) Praise (2) Prayer (23) President Barack Obama (1) Priorities (1) Profiles (2) Propositions (1) Public Transportation (4) Purpose (7) Quirks (1) Rain (1) Random Acts of Kindness (1) Rash (1) Reading (2) Reality TV (1) Recycling (2) Relationships (2) Rent (1) Reposting (1) Respect (1) Restoration (1) Running (2) Sales (1) Saturday (1) Sea (1) Serving (4) Sewing (1) Sex (1) Shopping (3) Shrimp and Grits (1) Sickness (2) Singing (3) SINGLE (3) Snails (1) Social Change (1) Social Media (2) Soul Food (1) Speaking (1) Spontaneity (1) Starbucks (2) Starting Over (5) Straws (1) Stress (3) Summer (2) Support (1) Surprises (5) Technology (5) Television (3) Thanksgiving (3) The Bible (4) The Library (3) Therapy (2) Things that make you go...Hmmm. (1) Thoughtfulness (1) Time (2) Traditions (1) Travel (2) Trials (1) Trust (2) Truth (2) Unemployment (6) Unity (2) Vacation (4) Violence (1) Vision Board (3) Volunteering (2) Walking (4) Washington D.C. (1) Waste (1) Weight Loss (7) Weirdness (1) Wisdom (1) Writing (15) Year of Firsts (7) Yes (1) YouTube (1)

Let the DIALOGUE Begin!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

BLESSED with a Dress!

So...a few weeks ago I posted about how much I dislike shopping for clothes. Partly because I'm a "plus sized" gal, so cute/sexy clothes are hard to find, and partly because everything just costs so dag-gone much.

Well...apparently, my friends felt that this was a call for "intervention" and a few were determined to help me develop a love (or at least less of a LOATHING) for shopping. One such friend took me shopping today. She picked me up and said, "We're going to a store that I think you'll like and they have plenty of things in your size." So...off we went.

She was right. We went to a small boutique shop with a nice selection to choose from.

I looked around and BAM...spotted a dress. It was a red, white & black wrap dress. Really cute, so I decided to try it on.

Then...on the way to the dressing room, BAM...I spotted another one. It was a mixture of blues and greens. Reminded me of water...and y'all know how much I LOVE water(as in, lakes, rivers, beaches). So...I grabbed that one too.

Tried them both on and of course...decided on the "water dress", as I so affectionately named it. Then...I looked at the price tag.

Uh oh.

That's when I decided that it wasn't in my budget. Then I sat and tried to come up with ways that it COULD fit into my budget. I started justifying my purchase before I even made it.

1. I need more dresses in my wardrobe.
2. It's not like I buy dresses EVERYDAY.
3. That would be a GREAT "first date" dress. Hmmm...now I just need for a man to ask me out.

So there you have it. THREE great reasons to get this dress. But I still needed some time to think about it...or think myself OUT of it.

I walked away from the dress and went to find my friend. I found her and told her how much I really liked that "water dress", I just wasn't sure about getting it.

I talked to the store clerks for a while and then I noticed that the dress I tried on and had them put aside was being bagged up. I thought, "Why are they bagging MY dress". I didn't see anyone else at the register buying it, but I still wondered why they were bagging it.

Then...my friend (whose name I'd LOVE to share, but won't) told me that the dress was MINE. SHE BOUGHT IT FOR ME!!! Can you believe it?!? As a gift...she bought the dress for me! In my entire life only ONE other person has ever bought me a dress...and I have 3 kids with him.

This was sooo special! What a BLESSING!!!

So, as we speak, I've gotten the dress all laid out and ready to wear tomorrow to church. I already had shoes to match so that was a plus. Already had SPANX to tuck in the lumps & bumps. Already had a little camisole top to wear underneath so that it's appropriate for church (the V-neck is a bit low so...you know). And I'm all set.

It's so funny though. Now that I have ONE dress, I already want another.

So who knows, I might just come out of my pants & jeans afterall. Hmmm...that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean. ;-)

If you haven't figured it out already...the dress pictured here is THE dress
. Ain't it purrrdy?!?

Now...Let the DIALOGUE begin: What's the best CLOTHING gift you've ever received?

Talk to me!


Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment